Dear RoScOE,
I am just going to cut to the chase.....You are driving me wild! Seriously Is it your goal everyday to make sure I get NOTHING accomplished?? It starts every morning around 7 am. YOu screech for me to get you out of bed and take you down to the kitchen where I attempt to feed you for 2 minutes before you stand up and start crawling out of your highchair, so naturally I put you down, only to have you release an ear pitching screech to put you back in which starts the never ending process of the day where you screech to eat in your highchair, throw food on the ground, and then nearly crack your head open on our tile attempting to crawl out onto the counter. Then there is the need to be held ALL DAY LONG, which I could take if you didn't weigh one third of my body weight (30+ lbs). My back will NEVER be the same and I am starting to get use to my sore right side and the body building right arm I have acquired thanks to yours truly. And let's not forget your all boy "Stink". No matter what I do and how many baths I give you (today we have counted 4 all together) you still smell a lot like a wet dog. You rub food all over your hair. You ALWAYS have boogies smeared on the face, and do not get me started on your talent of having the world's worst blow outs and then when I go to change them you think it is hilarious to reach down and play in the mess. YUCK! ANd while I am on that subject, can you please get over your obsession with the toilets and dipping unsuspecting people's toothbrushes in them?? It is starting to give me a complex. My kitchen chairs are falling apart due to you scooting them across the floor all day and I am still trying to get the apple juice concentrate out of the kitchen rug from your love of opening the freezer and dumping things on the ground. And can you please stop chucking things down the stairs? It is making me feel the need to hold my head every time I walk past a flight?! The dishwasher is not made to be a step stool, and it is not even remotely funny when you crawl up in the cupboard and hide from me while I go into a panic wondering where you are (okay maybe a little funny). ANd honestly, stop trying to put my flip flops on. You are torturing yourself (and me) when they fall off your feet after one step. They are not going to fit anytime soon, so please stop with the screams, rigid extremities, and falling on the ground. It's not helping Dude! I do love that you LOVE to be outside playing in the dirt and stand at the door and scream until we go out, but do you think you could stop playing chicken in the middle of the road!?? I sound frustrated and guess what, I am. This motherhood thing ain't for sissies and you are sure making me realize that on a daily basis, but the other night when you let me cuddle with you while you tickled my neck to put yourself to sleep and I sang " rock a my baby" (I know not very original), I have to tell you I was fighting back the tears for how much I am completely in LoVE with you. YOu are the cutest little snot nosed boy I have ever seen, and as much as I would love a good nanny right about now, I am also just grateful for you. The same energy that wears me right to insanity every night is the same energy that I just get a kick out of. I love how "all boy" you are and I am excited to watch you grow into an amazing big boy, teen, and man. In the meantime, you are GREAT birth control, which is a good thing. I love you little Roscoe, and I hope you never forget it.
Love,
Mommy


21 comments:
Oh so cute. That is so true. JK I love the body building mucsle part. Who needs to go to the gym right. Just wait when Lexi and Ali are crazy teenagers we will wish that we would have more roscoe's around. Hang in there.
I love that you just scared me to death...and made me more excited than I think I have been yet, about becoming a mother. I look forward to those cuddling nights as much as those 7am screams.
Did I mention how insanely JEALOUS I am that all of you girls got to have a girls sleepover? I so wish we lived closer so I could be part of the fun and feel like I actually have some friends!
You are such a good mo mkristin. Lexi adn roscoe are lucky to have you. You are so goot with them. Hang in there and remember those times that are so precious. Why do they always seem to be at the end of the night though? Why cant they be during the day???
He is a cutie. hang in there.
Hey Kristin,
This is Abby(Quick) and I saw found your blog on someones not sure whoses but I am glad to be able to see how you are doing! I couldn't help but think as I read this post that I know exactly how you feel, almost all the things you mentioned about your little guy and how much he is a true boy reminds me of my life on a daily bases with my little terror, ball of energy, little devil and so on and so on of names for him. But it helped to hear you have the same challenges and that I am just not a bad mom and doing every thing wrong! I also love bed time, it is my favorite time of the day! Any ways just thought I would leave you a comment or a novel at this point! Hope to hear from you soon!
Abby
That is so perfect! Gotta love these little boys, huH?
wow that was perfect. sounds like arden a little bit.she refused to eat in the highchair for such a long time..so i got crawled all over at every single meal.you need to print this off and keep it in a book. i write down all of arens weird things,and when i go back and read them it makes me cry. grat blog girl...i loved it.
That was the best post! I loved it! Although it made me second guess my desire for a boy. I just don't have that energy!! Can't wait to see you soon! I'll bring my glue sticks!
One of the cutest posts ever- and the most true!
ha ha that is freakin hilarious and roscoe sounds just like my little brynlee. That was too perfect and it totally explained my feelings, emotions and my everyday life. Wow! You're totally right it's not for sissies and that is why husbands work and go to school while we stay home cause they are sissies and couldn't handle it. We need to hook roscoe and brynlee up. They are a perfect match and if they got married.......well let's just say Karma is a you know what. They could use a good butt kickin! Loved it.
That sounds all too familiar! My little Allie and Roscoe could be great friends:). What a cute post, it is nice to realize that I am not alone in my woes :).
That sounds all too familiar! My little Allie and Roscoe could be great friends:). What a cute post, it is nice to realize that I am not alone in my woes :).
Kristin, what a brutally honest letter and still at the same time so BEAUTIFUL because it is so honest and real. It is so apparent that you love your children even though they drive you crazy. Thanks for reminding all us mothers that just because our kids drive us nuts most of the time--we still love them-- a lot!
Great letter Krist! I laughed so hard. I think we all feel like this every now and then.....or every day! I think like we talked about.... get pass this stage and it will get better, yet again it might get harder. Oh the joys of motherhood!
How cute and so true! I totally know what you mean! Somedays (ok, well almost every single day) I want to go nuts! I have my hubby far away, and my kids driving me crazy! I love it when I can finally crawl into bed! The days are crazy, but it just reminds us all of our unending love for our childen, right? We love the craziness too!
You probably won't remember me from the 9th ward but I just had to comment on how totally true this is! I love that you put that up there becasue somedays I just want to pull my hair out from my son! But boy do i love him!
Hahahahahah....that was a good laugh. Aren't toddlers this age a hoot? You're awesome...keep up the good work!
Oh man, I love him! Seriously, can a kid get any cuter tickling your neck like that? The "wet dog" smell + the 4 baths in one day is the funniest thing I've ever heard! What a beautiful glimpse into the life of a wonderful mommy.
Okay that was hilarious. Can i just say I have two of those running around my house- mostly little zachary!! I know that I am going to have another little boy too- I might be done after that. But like you said at the end of the day when they are peacefully sleeping your heart just melts thinking about them. Anyway, I wish I could have seen you more when you were in town. I don't like you teasing me like that. love ya and can't wait to see you at the little reunion:)
Honestly Kristin, I felt like I was reading a letter from me to my little monster of a boy-Jon. he is reckless just like Roscoe, but so dang cute at the same time. What can we do besides laugh to keep us from screaming and crying?
Hey will you email me your address? Not that you're likely to be in town...but I'm sending you an invite to my shower anyway.
briannacarlson@hotmail.com
Thanks!
I can't help but laugh when I read this post. you are such a good writer. these things are so true. he is such a cute little boy. I love you like crazy Roscoe. You are so funny.
Post a Comment