Sunday, September 14, 2008

Liver, Parasites, and Lyme's Disease.....OH MY!

As many of you have noticed, I am a little on the skinny side. It's not the cute skinny, it's the "she must throw up after every meal of celery" nasty skinny.  I have been worried about it for a while. Before I married Shawn I went to Hawaii for a few months. I came back started the nursing program, got married, Shawn got diagnosed with Cancer, and I got pregnant. I dropped like 20-25 lbs in about 8 months. Naturally, I thought it was all stress related, but I just keep wasting away and I have started to feel "sick" the last six months or so. I didn't want to go to a regular MD, because I had already been tested and pretty much told I had nothing wrong about a year ago. I just feel exhausted, but of course, what mom doesn't?? Anyways, my mom wanted me to go to her "homeopathic Dr." who she thinks solved her major multiple sclerosis symptoms a few years ago, so last weekend I drove up and spent about 6 hours in his office. He was amazing. He listened to me and I learned so much more about the body then I have ever known. We ran a bunch of tests and discovered that I have Parasites (he thinks I got them in Hawaii), Lyme's Disease, and other things. My liver is Jacked, which is crazy because three days before I left, I was asking Shawn if my eyes were yellow.  He rolled his eyes and muttered something about being a hypochondriac, s0 I loved having my feelings and intuitions validated.
It really was almost a spiritual experience, because I recognized truth as he explained the disease process and made sense of all of my symptoms. Now I am taking 8 herbal supplements like three times a day to get rid of my little pets and help my liver. I will see him again in a month to make sure everything is good. So there you have it.....I am not anorexic. I just have nasty wormy creatures in me who are sucking the life out of me....go figure. Who knows, I just might be a chubby little thing in a few months :(......If only there was a way to get rid of the life sucking ones, but keep some of the cheese, ice cream, and crazy amounts of red licorice munchers around. :)

You can see one of my parasites in the bottom right hand corner. It is the long and skinny guy.

37 comments:

Ashlee said...

can i have some!?

Anonymous said...

That is insane!!??? How crazy that you've had them for so long and just the last six months have been feeling sick. I hope that you can get everthing fixed. Especially your liver. Are they really sucking the life out of you? I really hope these supplements help you.

I really can't wait to hang out next month either! I need a good break from being a mom. Don't worry, the baby and me are fine. I'm just still sick and I thought I would be feeling better by now. I'm sick of being sick!!!

carrie said...

Thanks for your comment Kristin! That is crazy, i want to go to him, I'm sure I have problems he could help me with, I want to hear more. What are you doing this weekend? Tony's cousin is having a craft show (Oh sweet Sadie) in Daybreak, we sould go together, they have so much cute stuff, let me know if that is something you would like to do. I am glad you found some answers, I want to hear how the herbs are helping. I hope you get feeling better.

Rach said...

wow--and they've been there all this time?? Yikes. Hope it helps, I'm a big fan of the "homeopathic" approaches. I'm trying to get RJ to one as we speak. We'll see...maybe he has parasites too... :)

carrie said...

Sweet! I'll let you know the time and stuff, I left the invite in my car, it is Friday and Saterday, is one day better for you? it might not be as crowded on Friday, I don't know?

Jodi Rae said...

Wow that is crazy! I hope you will feel better soon. That would be nice if we could just keep fat eating parasites around to maintain our weight without any effort:). j/k, the most imortant thing is to be healthy, so I hope you can feel that way soon! I think you are beautiful (and you should totally cut your hair:)). Sorry, I wont tempt you;).

Amanda said...

That is crazy i hope you get feeling better real soon. Of all the things to take back with you from hawaii that had to be it. That is to bad. :)
The tutu of brooklyn is so easy. I asked my friend how she made it. I am thinking about making brooklyn a halloween one and having her be a witch. We will see how it turns out. I think the next time I will be in utah will be in may. I am planning on staying for a month or longer. My family is going to disneyland and newport beach. I want to do a lot of fun stuff while we are there. David proably wont be with me so that is why I want to stay for so long.
Any way i am just blabbing now we will have to get the girls together for sure when we are there. Have a good day
(soryy for the long blabbing on and on)

Stacy said...

That is so crazy! I hope you start feeling better. I think the whites of my eyes are yellow. And I've noticed them change a little over the last year. I've asked people and they think I'm weird. But i've noticed. Is yor liver messed up because of the parasites. Anyway maybe I should go to the same guy. I'm glad you know what's wrong and you can get it taken care of.

Rachel said...

I always knew you weren't anarexic or anything just thought it was something with your thyroid. Glad you finally found out what it is. Hopeully your butt will come back to you soon! Lol. When are you going to be in town again? Miss ya girl!

Brianna said...

I'm not sure why, but this post is really making me laugh! I think it's the non-chalant way you talked about having parasites and Lyme's disease...like it's no big deal. You are so funny. I'm so happy you have an explanation though. It must feel good knowing what's up. Also, so glad it seems pretty easy to get rid of the little things. Good luck with that!

Jen said...

It's sad and good... good though, because at least it's not something really bad... just a little gross (sorry if that makes you feel bad). I am so glad you will be feeling better soon!
Love ya!!!
Jen

Anna said...

Kristin!!! that is insane! I am so glad you found out though!!
Now, is there anyway you can "pass" those parasites to me?? ;)
Hope you feel better soon!!
love ya!
And of course I will be at the party in October!!

Amber said...

OH MY GOSH!! Kristin-I hope you are feeling better. I feel bad that I didn't even know you weren't feeling good! I wish we were closer. Please take care of yourself! :) Tell Shawn HI 4 me. If he has time show him the pic's of the girls wake boarding. Call me sometime when you get a chance. We miss ya!! Love ya!

Shai Brown said...

That is crazy! I'm glad you found out what's wrong. Get feeling better. Love ya!

Sam and Lacey said...

Dang Girl. I am so glad. I am glad my prayers were answered. I feared that it was Cancer. WHeeeww. I don't think I could handle that. Well, Dang. Maybe I can have the parasite for just a couple of months and I will give him back. We should name him. JK

Burke family said...

Oh! I'm so sorry! That sounds horrible. I'm glad you're finally on the way to feeling better. :)

Mark and Brynne Rose said...

Hope you start to feel better!! those dang bugs you think the doctor can help me out with my crazy stuff going on?

Janette said...

That is crazy! Hopefully everything works out and you start feeling better.

~Cmac~ said...

Oh my goodness Kristin! Seriously, what in the heck? I hope this doctor's plan works and that you feel better soon. Lymes disease is pretty serious (not that you don't know that already Mrs. Nurse!) You might want to do an east meets west kinda' thing and go to a western doctor too just to make sure all your bases are covered. You'll be in my prayers.

Marcie said...

Wow that is crazy! I am glad you found someone good to go to, I like the natural approaches to things too! In fact my sister in law has a parasite zapper, seriousley, you hook yourself up to these wrist bands and it is supposed to zap all the parasites, I know crazy but we both think it really works, its from the lady that wrote "the cure for all diseases" I also do a liver cleanse out of that book and it is awesome. I was having severe stomach pain and they kept doing ultrasounds and nothing. My aunt told me about the cleanse and I have not had any stomach pain for over a year now. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Meghan said...

That is crazy! I am glad they figured it out though, but can I borrow a parasite for a few months? I still would like to loose some baby weight (14 months later! ha ha) That is crazy that you had it all this time, but its good they are getting on top of it all! :)

Laurie said...

hey neighbor! it was so fun to spend so much time with you guys. sorry to hear about your parasite, but i'm so glad you are on your way to recovery. what a pain to be sick all the time! any way, thanks again for putting up with us and putting up with our bully kid! tell lexi and roscoe sorry about benson. i don't know what cade is teaching him!

The Colvins said...

Kristin,
Wow! That is so interesting. I recently went to an alternative medicine doctor and he told me some of the same things your doctor told you. Email me, I want to know more about what your dr. said and what you're taking. kelly.colvin@gmail.com

*/ Jillian said...

krist,
so glad you got all of this crap figured out! Isn't it crazy that you pretty much knew what was wrong? I am so glad you went so you can finally start feeling good again!

Broadhead Family said...

That is craziness! I miss you tonz! Eat all you can before those little suckers are gone:)

Dana said...

Holy Cow! I bet you are so glad you finally know. So, does that mean your mom doesn't have symptoms of MS anymore? Anyway, I hope all is well for you you and you get everything taken care of. Dan's grandparents live in Orem so I will be going there quite a bit so I could totally come on down your way.

A said...

O my word! So that's what I have to do to lose this baby weight! That is so crazy. I didn't know about Shawn either. Is he okay now? Well, I'm back in the good state of UT now, so we'll definitly have to make a date.

2nd Time Around said...

You have lots of love coming your way!! Its never a good thing to not have energy when you have kids. Get feeling better alright!!

Chelsey said...

All I can say is wow! You should take some before and after pics. That would be cool. I remember taylor telling me that on your trip to russia he said that you and shawn ate all the time and ate tons and he couldn't believe how skinny you were.

Anonymous said...

OH I PITY YOU!!!! That is the worst calling ever! I hate it and have a bad attitude! The best thing is to do an activity from the start-like the beans or playdough or something scary and messy like that. We just set up a schedule that the kids would get used to and do that every week. But there are still at least 4 kids that scream the entire time, 3 that constantly have runny booger noses, and 2 that need to be taken out because they have just taken the most stinkiest nastiest dump in their pants! But good luck. Hopefully you will have little angels and love it. Oh and I forgot to say that stepping into nursery is basically disappearing from the ward. NO ONE knows you and you don't get to know anyone. So that should be fantastic since it's a new ward for you. I bet you will have a better attitude then me. Let me know how it goes. GOOD LUCK! love you

Karl & Leslie said...

Hey Kristin,
I hope you are feeling better! I wished I lived by you so I could help you. I don't know what i would do. But some thing:)Karson just walked in and saw Lexi and said "there's lexi mom" he totally remembers her:)I hope all goes well for you.

Jared and Lisa said...

Oh man you poor little thing!!! (literally)I am so sorry. now I feel like a real jerk for all the times I looked at your blog and all your cute pictures and thought how unfair it was for you to be so little and cute... It makes me realize that there is so much more to life than appearances.You guys have been through so much. I admire your strength. I hope all goes well for you. I will keep you in my prayers:)

Kristal said...

Hey Kristin,
I totally thought I had commented before on this post, but guess I really am the idiot I though I was. You are just way too popular with 33 comments in just over a week. For good reason though....parasites and everything, no wonder you are popular! haha Is your cell number still the same? I've tried calling it a couple of times over the last few weeks and I just get your voice mail. Here is my home #(801)585-4908 (we get really crappy cell phone reception here). Call me so we can get together, I would love it!

~Cmac~ said...

Ahem. Where did my favorite blogger go?

Stefanie said...

Hi! I have not seen or talked to you forever! I hope your medicine will help and you will be feeling better soon. Being a mom can be so tiring sometimes, I can't imagine being sick on top of it.

Todd McLauchlin said...

I am so sorry you have been sick! Lets get together soon

Sonny said...

This is crazy. I am glad we know what is going on now, and I am happy you are feeling better.