The kids and I are currently living with my folks up in the middle of nowhere Idaho. We are up in the mountains with every creepy crawly thing imaginable which totally drives me wild, but Lexi is loving all the exploring and nature walks. She is also enjoying the camp fires every night and roasting marshmallows with her papa. We are waiting to close on our house, and we are hoping that it will be memorial weekend. I am so excited. We walked through the home so stinkin fast and decided we wanted it that I honestly can't even really remember what the inside looks like. I hope it is as good in real life as my dreams every night. This is our first home that we will own, so it is a little scary, but of course so exciting! It was way hard to leave STG and our cute little rental that we had since day one of the Patten marriage. I really wanted to pay tribute to that great home of ours, but I ran out of time, so when we get settled I will say a good bye and post some pics. It was also hard to leave so many great friends and family. We are way excited for this new adventure though, and I am so proud of Shawn for all of his accomplishments.
Shawn started his first day at the U in his Architecture Masters Program. There are 5 girls and 3 guys in the program (yes you heard me right). I guess that over 200 people applied and only 8 got in. Go Girls! He will meet up with more students in the fall. I hope there are some more guys, so I have some wives to hang out with. Shawn is totally loving it and so busy building contraptions, sketching, inventing retreats, and yeah basically gluing popsicles and cottonballs together in weird configurations that I guess some call "art". Yeah I know it sounds like hell to me too, but Shawn eats that stuff up. I miss him like crazy! I so wish I was there during his first 2 weeks. He is the best and way too good to me, so when I am without him I so notice it. Well I think that covers everything. I will keep you all posted and if you live in the SLC area, please call, because I need some people to chill with.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
Are you still with your parents? That is so cool about Shawn. I was thinking of coming to visit your parents this weekend. What is going on?
That is so exciting. If only 8 people get in, Shawn must be a smarty pants. I was thinking how it might be hard for you to leave beautiful and always warm st. george for crazy, busy, cold, slc. I'm sure you will adjust well. My dad lives there, you could give him a holla. Moving is so stressful, you are going through what me and Luke were last year at this time. And I remember hoping my house was as good as I remembered. And it was, so I'm sure yours will too! Okay-enough, I'll see you tomorrow! I'm excited!
I am sooooo sorry I missed saying good bye!:( It was such a crazy week for me and the girls. Brynlee had like 3 b-day parties in 2 days, dance, softball you name it. I always feel like I don't do enough with them so I sign them up for everything, then I go even crazier. Go figure. Anyway I know you guys will be busy when you come to get your stuff, but PLEASE come to dinner at my house. I stop everything that night so we can spend some time together K. So let me know when you will be heading down again. I hope you had a nice Mother's day too. We LOVE you guys!!!
Kristin, I feel as if we our going through the same feeling of moving away. Oposite that we our renting, you guys are buying, and we our a month ahead of you guys in the move. I am so terribly jealous you get to live in my home town. I would do anythihng to live there. I know it will take time to get used to LV.It's already 90 degrees here! I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. Anyway, we will have to visit you guys soon.
Congrats on finding a house?? Where is it?
AND of course as soon as you get in, I will give you a call. Happy to have you close.
Enjoy Idaho! ;)
I miss you tonz!! I called you today. David said, "Let's call Lexi and see what she is doing." It was cute and then you didn't answer!! Anyway love you tonz!!
Kristin, I can't wait to see you guys! Please let us know how we can help you on your move! Love you!
so like 6 hours have gone by since we last talked. What have you been doing? Looking at bugs, or are you on a hunt for a ligar? Man I seriously need to see this lava springs place!
I thought that Idaho ate you up. I couldn't get a hold of you. Anyway, maybe we will have to come up and see that place. I am so excited to see your new house in June!
Thats so great!! Good for him...It sounds like you guys are just moving right along:) So are you guys living in P town?
I am glad you guys found a house! That is exciting. Buying homes are fun, and scary! Its so exciting to beable to paint and decorate how YOU want! Where in SLC is it? I have TONS of family up there, and we go visit quite often!
And that is so Great of Shawn to get into the program! He must be super smart! That is so good!
Hey, by the way, while you're up in Idaho with that wonderful mom of yours, get some of her healthy, yummy recipes and share with me when you move 'just up the street from us'.
Love!
Jen
This post makes me miss you right now. I love you so much. thanks for supporting me while I get my arts and crafts degree.
Post a Comment