When Dr. Phil was cool (you know pre-Jerry Springer wannabe) he said "the true measure of a successful man is if his wife could sit in a room with over 1,000 women and know that not a one of them was treated better than she." Well that is exactly how I feel.
Happy Birthday Babe, and you had better know how crazy I am about you, but just in case you need some reminders, here you go....
I LoVE, adore, or just appreciate:
- the random notes you leave to tell me how much you love and appreciate me. (the misspelled words are adorable and a plus)
- all the dishes you have washed after dinner
- your crazy talent designing homes (I hope one day I get one)
- your "aerodynmamic face", and the night we stayed up taking profile pictures and laughing until we cried.
- your hugs and how they take me to the happiest place imagineable
- how you will never go to sleep without saying "Good Night" and "I love you Babe." And how you accept a muffled grunt in return from me.
- for NEVER yelling and being patient while I learn to not do that too
- for cleaning up after me when I am pregnant and cannot keep anything down (even when you were going through radiation treatments and were probably as sick or worse)
- how you listen to me sing my made up songs every night while I brush my teeth and get ready for bed---this is a habit I have had forever, and my sister always told me I would never stay married because of it.....oh lucky you!
- for rubbing my feet all the time
- for being the BEST daddy this world has ever seen. I know that our kids will always feel so lucky to have you.
- for kissing me everyday before you go to work
- for eating whole wheat everything and patiently listening to my health lectures
- for letting me start my first IV on you.....um....yeah....sorry about that and your new fear of needles....
- for always letting me sleep with my leg on you even though you can't breathe
- for all the times you get up with the kids in the middle of the night, because you think I need the sleep more
- for coming home from work to kill the "HUGE" spider that had been crawling on Lexi's face when she was 2 months old. I dropped Lex on the couch and ran (I shudder to think if that couch hadn't been there) and when you found it, it was a baby daddy long leg....oops....And you just laughed
- for buying me flowers just because and for doing it often....except lately....come on Babe
- for always acting overly excited about things, because you know how important the reaction is to me
- I love how dang HOT you are....your smile, your blue eyes, your body....
- I love how you think I am perfect, even though I am the furthest thing from it! I love that you still think it!
- your mad wakeboarding skills
- how you never hold back affection and you love to kiss me in public
- how kind, forgiving, and understanding you are. I really have never met anyone like you. You are just humble. (hopefully you stay that way after you read all this)
- your love for life
- how you can get along with anyone
- how you never gossip and see good in everyone
- you never swear
- how you love the Gilmore Girls just as much as I do and how you try to deny it and act manly when I tell someone it is our favorite show
- when you call me to tell me you heard a good country song that reminded you of me
- for making me our "belated wedding video" because I told you I wished that we had one
- for always giving me blessings and being worthy to do so
- Most of all I love you for taking me to the temple and deciding to keep me forever. You are the greatest, and I am so grateful to you.
- Happy Birthday babe!


26 comments:
That was the cutest thing. You and shawn diffently compliment each other great. WE miss you guys so much and I think I am going through withdrawls. My house has been the cleaner than it ever has been, I have been sewing more than usual, and I actually got 4 scrapbook layouts done today. Can we say LOOSER So basically I have no friends. I seriously have cabin fever. I can't wait to come see you and your cute new house!
Happy belated birthday shawn! That was a great post krist! Shawn will love this forever. I cant wait to see ya in a couple days.
I love this!! How perfect are you guys:)
okay-
You have me in tears every time I read things that come from your HEART! I MISS YOU GUYS! I know Tuft has been calling you at like 6 a.m. sorry about that. He misses you 2 so much. Just so you know your little family means so much to me! I don't know what I would do without you! I haven't called lately cuz I know you must be busy, and I feel like I talk your heads off! Yes Shawn too! Please Kiss the kids, and Hug Shawn 4 me k. Love you guys!!!
By the way I am coming up ther July 19 for a few days, soooo I am stopping by k. :0)
this comment is to lacey...OUCH! That hurt!!!
okay.....that was the sweetest post ever! I can't get over how great you write! You and shawn are the perfect couple. and how much longer till you move back here? :)
I love you like crazy. You are such an amazing wife Kristin. Thank you so much for doing that. Now, for all who read this I need to clarify a few things. The Gilmore Girls is not my favorite show, and I do know how to spel. I LOVE YOU BABE!
Rach-
Sorry Kristin that I am using your blog to communicate. Rach, if you weren't too cool to call me then we could hang. I don't want to be the annoying friend and call you everyday. Jk
Happy Birthday Shawn! YOu are so awesome and a perfect husband to take care of Kristin! And Happy Birthday to you Kristin today!!! I love you tonz and can't wait to see you!!! love ya!
So cute! Happy Birthday to him! We miss you guys in the ward. Kristin, you always had somthing nice to say that made my day! Have fun up there!
Happy Birthday Shawn! Ours are coming up right behind you, Tony and I will both be 28 in a few months, I can't believe we are almost 30, that just sounds so old! That was a really nice post Kristin, you are so thoughtful! Shawn, don't worry Gilmore Girls is my sisters husbands favorite too, only I'm really not kidding. We borrowed all the seasons from them and a couple weeks later he asked for them back because he wanted to start watching it all over again.
Kristin:
Your blog is so dang cute! How great a wife are you for doing that for Shawn. You guys are so cute and loving. It's great! How are you guys liking life up north? The weather is not the greatest these days but hopefully it will change. We need to get together and let our kids play. You guys should come over and we can let the guys play pool or something. Did you get your baby announcement I sent? I hope so. Keep in touch.
Britny
HOLLA KRISTIN!! It's good to be back in the blogging world and read your freaking cute post about your hot husband Shawn! I think I am in love with him now j/k....I think!:)
I can't wait till you get internet-I feel VERY disconnected from you.
Such a cute cute post. I loved to read that!
Happy late b-day Shawn!
Okay-I just read Shawn comment and I think I really am in love with him!
Hey Kristin, are you talking get together with husbands or without? Cuz Tony is taking the scouts to Zions Wednesday-Saturday, so if it is with husbands it would have to be Monday or Tuesday, if not, any day would work for me. Let me know, I can't wait to meet your little guy and to see you again!
Kristen~
What a good wife!!! I loved reading all of those things. Isn't marriage the best!?!?! Most especially when the guy is (the best)! I'm so glad you got such a great guy!! You deserve it. You're in SLC now right? If you ever come further "Up North" you should call!! We'll get a group together & visit. It would be so great!!
p.s. Your children are BEAUTIFUL!!! Every time I look at them, I'm blown away! Way to go Mama!
K...I really just started this whole blogging thing not too long ago. I refused to do one for awhile because I didn't just want a lot of pictures of me and Adam. I thought people would get bored. But here I am. It's so great. I MISS YOU SO MUCH! I truly am so glad you commented on my blog. I'm ashamed I haven't stayed in better contact. Anyways...you're little family is so dang cute. Lexi is BEAUTIFUL and look just like you!!! And Roscoe is the cutest - by the way I LOVE that name!!! I really want to see them in person. Well it was so good to hear from you! LOVE YOU! Shai
Yes, (dave, stacie & cooper murdock)I even told her about you guys. She is a really fun person to hang out with too. Hope you guys meet!
Happy Birthday to Shawn! Our little Sammy and him share the same birthday! We saw the article about him today! We thought that was pretty cool!
Honest to blog, come back!!!!!! I think it's time for you to cruise over to Applebees to steal a little of their internet service!
Every morning I wake up and the first thing I do is rush to my computer to check Kristin Spitzers blog because I think today will be the day that she updates.
Nope...
Did I say Spitzer?-I meant Patten
HOLLA!!!! KRISTIN IS BACK!!! I'm probably going to poky the beginning of July-when I do I want to cruise up to utah for a couple days!-That would be so fun!! I'll figure out when Becky is going too but for sure plan on doing some serious partying at your house next month!-Totally just invited myself.
Glad you're back-now you just need to post!
Could you please keep telling me how much you love my hair because It will keep me from doing anything stupid with it!
Hey girlie! I hope everything is going well getting settled into your new place. I can't wait to see pictures. I bet you are just so happy to be back together as a family. I do have to say that I hope you get internet hooked up soon cuz I miss seeing your fun new posts and pictures. :)
Where did you go? I miss you!
I already commented on this one, but I wanted to say thanks again. in a million years I couldn't ask for a more perfect wife. I love you so much babe.
Post a Comment