Monday, August 25, 2008

Cruisin it Up!



We just got back from a 7 night cruise to the Caribbean. Words cannot explain the awesome time we had. The first day it was pouring down rain. Everyone thought we would be in the middle of Hurricane Fay the whole time, but we had the best weather. We were freezing cold that first day, so we found this hot tub which ended up being one of our favorite spots. It was right in the middle of the gym, so no one was ever in it. 

There is a ton of pics, so bear with me. I have given up on scrapbooking, and I want to remember every second of this vacation, so I couldn't cut down on the moments I caught. I went a little overboard though, because you have to go to older posts to see us coming home.

Pics of the first night at dinner and the show

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man I am SOOOO jealous!!! I forgot you were going on a cruise and wondered where the heck you were! That looked like you had so much fun. It is so nice to get away with out kids! Plus you look freakin hot!

Jared and Lisa said...

How fun!!! I think we went on this same cruise 2 years ago. We wen to all the same spots. Any way you are so stinkin cute!! You gotta tell me how you stay so tiny!!

Kira said...

Such cute Pics Kristin! You guys are so cute. Love the outfits....I need major help with my clothes for our trip coming up. Fun stuff!

Jen said...

I am so stinkin' jealous! It sounds like you had so much fun! Now... back to reality... except we'll keep our sites on Disneyland in a couple months... that should keep your spirits up! Even if it's you, me, 4 kids, and a minivan... we're doin' it!

*/ Jillian said...

amazing is all I have to say! So jealous and so glad that you guys had some one on one time! What a blast Krist! What an amazing trip!

Brianna said...

I was wondering where you had been?! The trip looks amazing. Nick is always asking me to go on a cruise with him but for some reason I've never taken him up on it...stupid me. I'm so happy you were able to spend some time with eachother, I'm sure it's not easy with kids.
Oh, and I'm totally sad about not coming back to SLC. Hopefully someday we will all end up back in St. George!

Becky said...

I forgot you were going on a cruise so i have been calling you and im sure you had a much better time on the cruise then talking to me on the phone. your pics are so cute. i cant wait untill october. and would you comment on bonnies blog and tell her i am blocked from her blog so if she ever want me to talk to her agin she needs to un block me. talk to ya soon

Burke family said...

Oh! That looks amazing! How fun for you! It's always rough coming back to reality huh? Good think you have such cute loving kids to welcome you home!

twede said...

A cruise!!! Man, now I don't feel so bad for not calling. All this time, I was thinking you were stitting at home, sad missing your Shawn, and you were an a cruise! Whatever! You look awesome, by the way! Love all the pics! And my family lives in West Bountiful, so you at least got the "West" part right, but other side of the Valley. Well, looks like you had a lot of fun!

Chelsey said...

I am totally jealous and I agree with you guys......it would be so much fun to go on a trip together. We will have to plan one soon, taylor graduates in may 2010 and I don't know if I can wait that long. It's too bad we missed each other in S.G. but we will be back in december so we need to make sure to get together then.

Meghan said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun! I am so jealous! I just told Casey that I am in need of a vacation bad! Haha! I am uber uber jealous!

Maggie said...

Thanks for the comment! I am glad we have a way of keeping up with eachothers lives too!
Your trip looks like a blast. I would love to go on a cruise, but considering my husband spends most of his time on a boat, that probably won't happen anytime soon =>

Broadhead Family said...

Kristin!! That looked so much fun!! Ya I think you made everyone jealous and you look so cute in every pic. I guess Shaun was probably glad you were freaking out about what to bring/wear since it paid off:) Call me when you can! love ya,

Derrick, Rochelle, Talen, Ava and Lyla said...

I have not commented on your blog yet because when I look at the pictures of the cruise my mind wanders off into La La land! Sure wish we could take a vacation like that. We haven't gone on a week vacation without the kids since I was one month pregnant with Ava. And no, Talen is not potty trained, thanks for reminding me. I'll get right on that, I've just been too busy teaching him his 3rd language. Well, in all seriousness, I'm jealous of the cruise and wish we could have gone with you.

A said...

Kristin,
I know I just got back from my own trip, but that doesn't make me any less jealous! I love cruises, plus you're only home like a week before you are out of vacation mode and you can't remember the last time you took one! We will be official Utahns once again when we close on our house on the 16th of September. I can't wait! We'll have to trade phone numbers for sure.

Shai Brown said...

Weirdest thing...I was just looking at your blog got off (so by boss didn't see I was slacking)and saw you commented on mine. I know I wish you were in town when we got together, I honestly don't know when the last time I saw you was??? That would be fun to get together. Just let me know details. Anyways...I'm so jealous of your cruise. Looks like so much fun. And dang girl...you look hot! I think you must weigh 100lbs max! Love You!

Jonathan and Susan said...

I feel better that you were gone on vacation and not ditchin me! J/K I figured. Glad you had a blast. Totally jealous too. I can't imagine how hard to be away from the kids...I am sure they missed you tons. Roscoe probably thought if he started to walk you'd get your butt home!

Anonymous said...

Hey so I was thinking that we need to live closer together. Tell Shaun to drop out of school so that you guys can move to Alaska with us. Think of all the cool stuff he could design to be built there? just do it.

Dana said...

Holy cow!! That looks amazing. It looks like you two had a blast and I'm sure your kiddos had a blast with Grandma. We definitely need to get together. We are moving to Orem with Dan's grandparents until we find an apartment (or amazing deal on a sweet house)and then we will be alot closer. I actually don't know where you live but I am guessing just N. of SLC. Anyway, I will keep ya posted when we get into town. YOu look adorable in the pics by the way.

~Cmac~ said...

Fun! I didn't even know you guys were going on vacation at the same time we were. Sweet! Kristin, you look beautiful in blue. I hope it was as an amazing time as it looked, and that you had the time of your lives. You deserve it!
What are you two doing this weekend? I'll give you a call later on today when I'm not supposed to be working - lol. Have a great day and I'll talk to you soon!

~Cmac~ said...

Oh yes and I almost forgot.
Well, I think I speak for us all when I say that I'm very happy Shaun didn't get eaten by a shark - because you know what we would all be thinking! Where the heck was Kristin? HaHa!

Jaimelee and Steven Holm said...

How cute are you guys!! I am glad i found your blog! roscoe is getting so big!! We need to get our boys together next time you guys are down! :) love ya
jaimelee

Jaimelee and Steven Holm said...

I would so love you to guys come to les mis! It gets over at the end of october. You should try and come on Sept. 9 or Sept 18, or Oct. 4th. Those are the dates when I get to play the lead:) I need to people to come cheer for me:) haha. Steve says to tell shawn HI!

Amber said...

Kristen,
You guys are so cute! I am glad you had a great vacation...looks like a blast! I totally just remembered you wanted pics of Dylans room. I promise I will get on that. Take Care! We miss tyou guys.

Lynsee said...

Wow! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Sean and I always think back to our cruise and realize it's probably the only REAL vacation we've been on since our honeymoon.

Rach said...

I'm jealous and rightly so... Was this for the 5 year anniversary? Looks like fun. I'm trying to put together a 30 year old cruise party for RJ and two other couple's (hubby's turning 30--not us of course) I hope we can pull it off--cuz that looked like a BLAST!

Rachel said...

ohhh that looks so fun! Such a cute cute couple!

Anonymous said...

I didn't think that you had enough comments, so I wanted to leave one more...

Sonny said...

You are so hot. I can't believe that you are my wife. this vacation was a blast. I had the most fun I have ever had on a vacation. You are so so hot!!