Thursday, May 28, 2009

graduation

Today my little gal graduated from her first year of Joy School!! 

{pics by Ashlee}

Miss Alexis has quite the growing resume:
  • knows her Abc's
  • Can write her own name (though her E may have 17 lines going across at times and her X looks more like a lowercase T)
  • knows all her letters + sounds
  • Understands the rain cycle (precipitation)
  • Can count to 20 (skips 14 & 15)
  • knows that the most important part of the rainbow is that there is a leprechaun at the end with a pot of gold. She plans on making it there someday soon with her mama.
  • Can tell the difference between black and brown
  • knows that an octopus shoots out black ink and that penguins are birds that don't actually fly
Ummm....Can we say Harvard!??
Congrats Lexi!!

15 comments:

Burke family said...

I'd say she's definitely ready! What a cutie!

Kira said...

she's a smart one fer sure! what a cutie pie....i seriously can't believe she's that old. time goes by so fast (but not fast enough when your pregnant) ;)

erica said...

she really is a smart little girl. missed seeing you today - hope everything went well at the dr. we'll see you guys soon! right?

Doug and Laura said...

Sure miss you guys! Congrats on Baby 3.

Lisa said...

Congrats Lexi! Also, Happy belated birthday to Shawn!

Tami said...

What a smartie! You should be sooo proud. The pics are so sweet.

Dana said...

Seriously, what a little smartie pants. At Head Start, we hoped to have letters and sounds by Kindergarten, but lots did not have that down even. Moms are the best teachers and it is always so obvious when kids get worked with at home. I love joy school. So, I am actually feeling tons better now and having lots more energy, Hallelujah! Glad you are getting a little better too.

Amanda said...

Hey kristin I would love to meet up while I am here. You are going to do great with the three kids. Here is my eamil address. amandarees03@yahoo.com.
Let me know when you want to get together and chat.
Sorry we missed you to that would have been so fun. I am heading down there on sunday. i cant wait. .I love that place.
Well lets meet up
good job lexi. I can totally see harvard.

Janette said...

she is so cute and I can't believe how big Roscoe is getting (they almost look the same age in that pic) Hope you are feeling well.

Sam and Lacey said...

So cute! Congrats Lexi. Also happy b-lated b-day to shawn.

Meghan said...

So cute! Ashton just got done with preschool, and will be in Kindergarten next year! How crazy huh? she is precious :)

p.s. we are moving into an apartment...thats not a house ;)

Jodi Rae said...

Kids get too big too fast! And congrats on #3! This is Jodi Atkinson, and I am just getting the blog going again:). It is private though, and I want to invite you again I just lost your email. So if you want an invite send me your email to jodirae27@hotmail.com! It is also a new address. It is www.ourlifeinjodiswords.blogspot.com. I am excited to get back into blogging and keep up with you and your cute fam!

Tiffany said...

Hey Kristin! This is Tiffany (Finn) Hunt. Your kids are so cute! It's fun to see all of the things these little ones learn as they grow. Hope you're doing well!

shantell and chris said...

Hey I found your blog through Stacy's. It looks like you guys have been doin good. And almost 3 kids? Way to go! You look awesome! Our blog is chrisandshantell.blogspot.com

carrie said...

Cute pictures Kristin! Lexi is such doll. I am free anytime and I would love to see you and go yard selling, I don't know of any good areas, do you?