Thursday, July 2, 2009

Family Reunion 09

Fish Lake
{June 26-28}
We survived the camping trip!
No bear sightings. Only attacking humming birds (no joke).
The Rockstar slept better than ever (not the rest of us).
We FROZE Friday night in the rain, but all and all had a great time with the Patten side.
complicated EZ up
My camera died after the first hour, so a lot of these pics I took off of Erica's blog (thank you).
The kiddo crew (miss you Haillee)
my crew
Our Little Warrior King
 who would NOT stay out of the fire pit. Argh!
The kid is attracted to anything dangerous and dirty.
*sillies*
Entertaining themselves with the "spit game"
love their creativity.
Only catastrophe of course happened to Shawn.
The kid refuses to wear shoes which causes continual damage to the piggies
(sorry to the weak of stomach, but I had to include a pic. shawn is so proud of it).

We had a boat (thanks papa duane) and spent a lot of time trying to catch some fish.
No luck!
I am no fisherman, but I think it may have had something to do with our "worms" being double the size of the fish we were after. ??
Awesome nights around the campfire roasting marshmallows and starbursts (?), playing games, and telling some scary stories. By the way Brock, I am still having trouble sleeping. Dang Skin Walkers! I need to remember that I am not as brave as I think and go to bed with Lexi. I am pretty proud though because I think I told the best one about Little Blue Men (that's right christina). Thanks Chad for honestly having the freakiest true life story ever. It works out to be an awesome camping tale. lol! 
Can't wait for next year's trip, but I am with Erica in voting for cabins.
I need some sleep!

8 comments:

debbie joy said...

I can't believe just how cute those munchkins are. I love them so much!!!!!! Grandma Debbie

erica said...

ahh seriously that blood makes me want to puke. good times.

Becky Hill said...

How fun, i love camping. And tell shawn good job on his foot looks pretty nasty! ha ha

Amy said...

That looks like fun, except the scary stories. I would need to go to bed too. I would probably be scared for months after that.

and yes, Krista Wasden is the swimming queen.

Do you take your kids when you go out finding deals and DI and stuff or do you go alone?

The Hatch's said...

Great photos sis~~~those kids are so cute!

Ashlee said...

Good times!!
Minus scary stories. :)

Amy said...

Please tell me how you like your oils. I am thinking of getting some soon.

Tami said...

Looks like some fun times! Ouch, that toe looks like it hurt way bad. I love the pics of all the kids. What a great idea!