Thursday, June 19, 2008

My little man is one?!


I just tucked Roscoe into bed.  It was so adorable. He just snuggled into my chest and patted me on the back while I did the same to him.  This is his usual routine, but tonight I thought it was especially cute, because I was getting a little emotional thinking about how fast this year has gone by. I am not going to say I am sad that he is growing up, because I love every stage he is in and it really just gets better and better. It is more just this feeling of such love and honor, and I just hope he always knows how crazy I am about him. I was instantly in love with him the first time I saw his little face and I tell ya the feeling hasn't changed. I just cannot get enough of this boy. 

We will celebrate tomorrow when Daddy is here, but I just wanted to take a second and write some fun facts tonight on his Birthday.

First word and favorite word: Ball "BAW"
Other mastered vocabulary: "bobble" (bottle), Uh-Oh, Moo, and Happy Birthday (we swear he sings it with us, and take notice that he refuses to say mama and dada....dang kid!)
Favorite things: any kind of ball, bobbing to music, playing games with Lex, bouncing on his baby trampoline and then rolling, not climbing, off of it, climbing upstairs and being chased after, drinking lots and lots of bottles, snuggling his face into his blankies, cuddling--I so love that, having yelling contests in the car with lex, cell phones, remotes, and anything electronic.
motor skills: standing, not walking. crawling all over the place, climbing, and making mom carry him all day long.....I know I am going to be one of those hunch back 70 year olds because of this tank of a kid. He weighed 19 lbs at 3 months old!
favorite food: blueberries
worst food: noodles
Best quality: Belly laughs at everything. He is seriously and always has been the happiest little guy. We love tickling him and hearing his raspy little voice just crack up.
favorite games: throwing food off his highchair repeatedly and saying Uh Oh and sticking his binky in everyone's mouth......hilarious.....he thinks so.
Room for improvement: He needs a little work in the sleeping through the night department and before you leave some advice I have read and implemented Baby Wise, Baby Whisperer,  and Nanny 911. After failed attempts, I now do my parenting based off the country song "Let them be Little..."
Hobbies: Creating the world's biggest and most disgusting "blow outs" on a daily basis. Seriously are there any contests for pooing, because this kid would win them! He is all boy!
Good Looks: I love his blue eyes and award winning smile! He looks just like his daddy, so of course I think he is the cutest babe alive!  
 Current projects: Teething! Always! He is working on his eight tooth right now, and for this kid it is hard work!

Mommy says: I love you! Thank you for making me laugh every day and loving me like crazy. I love seeing your little personality unfold. Happy Birthday to my favorite little boy!

And a little something from Daddy: I can't get enough of you! You are the cutest boy in the world. I love coming home from school and seeing your huge goofy grin.  You are so funny and I love playing with you. You are always learning something new, and I love being a part of it. I love you so much Roscoe!

P.S. K so I know that I have not posted forever! Our internet has had so many problems, but we FINALLY have it figured out, so I am back in full swing. I will post an update shortly. We have had so many visitors, and it has been a blast. We love the new place as well, so hopefully I can get it all documented soon!  


20 comments:

Jonathan and Susan said...

I can't believe he is one! I miss you guys already. We need to talk again it has been a while. I am sure everything is hectic with you but we just want you to know we miss you and are wishing you the best in all of your new endeavors.

Ashlee said...

What!? Why did I think his birthday was the 29th.

Sorry little guy!

He looks so darling in that picture! I love him so much. I will come see the kids soon!

Burke family said...

Yeah! You're back! Sounds like our little guys have so much in common! I sure wish we could get them together to play! I'm glad everything is going well and you're getting settled in. Have a super fun first birthday celebration... it's the best huh!

Amy said...

Rosco is so cute! It seems like just yesterday we were waiting for them to come. This year really has gone quickly. I miss you guys.

Trent and Jen said...

Happy Birthday Rock!
We love ya, little man!

~Cmac~ said...

Happy Birthday Roscoe! Chase & I (your cousins) think you are the cutest little guy ever.

~Cmac~ said...

Hey Kristen - What is your phone number? We don't even know how to get a hold of you! I can't believe we haven't met up yet. I guess things have just been crazy with finals (for me & probably your hubbie), moving (both of us), and life in general, but we need to hang out SOON! If you don't want to broadcast your phone number to the world, you can e-mail me at cmclauchlin@gmail.com. I'm so glad you love your house and that school is going well for Shawn. Chase & I are so impressed at how smart Shawn is and we're totally proud that he got into such a competitive program. Pretty much, that's just awesome. Well, we'd better talk to you soon, or else!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Roscoe! He is such a stud and that was such a cute post. I always say I'm going to write about Lily's little milestones but I hardly ever do. Way to go! I totally want a little boy! And he better be as amazing as yours!-Snugglers are the best!

Britny said...

Happy Birthday Roscoe! That it so amazing how time goes by so fast. They grow up way too fast. My baby is already 4 weeks old. Well I hope you enjoy your birthday celebration!!! We need to get together soon. Call me.
Brit

Chelsey said...

Shawn,
I haven't heard from you in forever. I am glad to see your awesome family. Roscoe has a killer smile, you better not let him out of the house after 16. My dad said that he heard your dad was designing a bunch of churches or something and was going to see if they wanted to use his decorative rock around the outside. Let me know if you think you can put in a good word. Anyways, good luck with school, we need to get our kids together. Good luck with school. Give me a call 435-773-1337.
Taylor North

A said...

Doesn't it kill you how fast the second one grows up?

The Hatch's said...

AWE, I love that little boy~! And, you weren't kidding about those blow outs~holy crap! Well, sis I miss you guys terribly. Did you hear we are moving to Charlotte in 2 weeks? Well maybe I should call you sometime, right? Oh and by the way, I added you to my blog. Wonder if you can guess which one is you. :-)

Lynsee said...

That country song also inpired me to let my boys sleep with us. I always thought they will eventually want to sleep in their own beds and then I heard of a boy who slept in his parents room until the day he left on his mission. Now I'm a little bit scared!

Kristal said...

Happy Birthday little guy!! He is so stinkin' cute!! I saw the article about Shawn. That was so great! How is school going for him? When is he done with summer semester? Hope you guys are settling in well.

Amber said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY R.J.!!! I can NOT believe it's been a year. I remember you being p.g. and waiting the arrival of him like it was yesterday!! I am so HAPPY to hear how much you love your new home and that everything is GOOD. I haven't spoken to Shawn to for awhile now. I know how busy he is. Tuft said he talked to him the other day. Please tell him HI, WE LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!! We MISS you TOO.

Meghan said...

He is so cute! I don't think I realized how close he is to Boston! We should have gotten them together to play- (even though they were babies!) He is so cute, and has such beautiful eyes!

*/ Jillian said...

happy birthday roscoe!!!!! What a cute kid. That smile is so contagious! Love ya bud!

Becky said...

I cant believe Rosco is already one time goes so fast. he is just the cutest littel boy ever and he looks so happy.I bet you have so much fun with him.I hope i will be abel to come there soon!

Michelle said...

Hey Shawn, what a cute little family you have! Trent said that you guys recently moved up here....we should all get together some time?

Sonny said...

this little dude is the cutiest thing in the world. it crackes me up that "baw" is still his favorite word and its all he wants to play with. I don't know how to explain how much I love this little guy. I LOVE YOU ROCK STAR.