Sunday, December 7, 2008

A little Recap and a Sunday with my Kiddos

I just got back from spending Thanksgiving with the fam in Idaho. WE had a blast, but dumb ol me forgot my camera along with wet wipes, diapers, and Lexi's stuffed bunny that she has spent every single night with since she was 8 months old!! Yeah....I'll spare you all the painful tears and horrible blowouts (Blasted western Family) that mistake caused. Anyways, I took tons of pics with my parents camera, and will hopefully have them soon.  The whole fam was there. We ate, played, celebrated Christmas, went paintballing, cruised around in the razor, pretended to be in the army with Rochelle :) and so on. It was a rockin time with my rockin fam! I decided to stay a week longer to hang out with my favorite lady.....my Grandma. We did what she does best....Shopped til we Dropped. I LOVE my fabulous, fashionista Grandma and I cherish every second with her.
This pic was taken a few years ago and is one of my favorites
During my little break, the Rockstar got injured jumping off my parents ottoman onto a pile of pillows (oh the looks I got from some MD's). We spent 2 days going to clinics and an orthopedic surgeon to find out that his poor little right foot is fractured.  He is hobbling around and getting spoiled like crazy (not like that's anything new). Merry Christmas Roscoe. Santa is getting you 4 adorable x rays rolled up in your stocking....$$$$ Love you Munchkin!!
Today the kids and I have been doing the usual...Hangin out just the three of us. Shawn is so busy and gone all the time. Sundays can be grueling without him.
Lexi watching the movie "Santa Claus" in Spanish for 2 grueling hours. The girl would not let me change it. I was begging for Little House on the Prairie or something, but no she wanted to watch the "elf movie" even though we could not understand a word of it! The spanish commercials were the worst!! Counting down til Bedtime Bliss....
Roscoe eating his fourth batch of sweet potato fries. 
Awww.....Heaven. And now that my favorite time of the day has arrived....
I think I am going to eat some of these......
flip on the Christmas Devotional while I fold this.....
clip coupons to my heart's content......
and wait for my baby to come home......:)

14 comments:

Burke family said...

Don't you just love when you're kids finally fall asleep and you can take a break from being mommy! Chris is gone for work every other week, so Jordan and I know exactly how you feel - we spend a whole lot of time by ourselves having fun too!

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

This is why i love you! your raw honesty. its hillarious. and the spanish thing(amazing) im so sorry bout your little guys foot, thats so sad:( dude if your ever super lonely while your mans gone just come over and we can go nuts together.

Kristal said...

I'm glad you had fun with your family. It is so nice to be with them when the hubstar is gone and the single mom life gets unbearable. I am so sorry about Roscoe's foot! How horrible! I love your pictures. The kids look as cute as ever, especially the one of Roscoe eating fries.

Amanda said...

What a fun week with your family. Poor roscoe's foot. I hope hge gets feeling better. We will have to get together over christmas as I will be husbandless also.

Amy said...

You are so funny. I love the pictures of the crackers and laundry in your story. So cleaver. I have a blog. If you want me to invite you email me at: amyelizabethpayne@gmail.com
(i know it is long. I kind of hate it)

The Colvins said...

Poor little Rosco man! I hope his little foot heals quick. The bit about the spanish movie and Lexie is cute--kids are so strange sometimes! I agree bedtime is the BEST time of the day!

Karl & Leslie said...

you crack me up! I hope Rosco's foot gets better. You are the cutest Mom!
Love Leslie

Adam & Shai said...

Poor Roscoe! That's so sad! I love the picture of your grandma - it's pretty great. Next time you're in Idaho you should call so we can meet up!

Anonymous said...

Don't you love how school and work can take your husband away 24/7. I truly do feel your pain/depression/tiredness... You just explained my life with Lily. I always feel guilty looking at the clock and counting down til bedtime. It's hard being a single parent, and I only have one kid! Are you guys going to be in Idaho for Christmas? We should all go out. We are going to be in poky the week before Christmas.

Kira said...

my favorite is the cute pic of Roscoe and the sweet potato fries! he's just looks so sweet but i know he's all boy! i'm excited to see you and your cuties soon!

Stefanie said...

How sad about your little guy. That puts a little damper on visiting family. I'm glad to see someone else enjoys clipping coupons and doesn't fold their laundry the second it comes out of the dryer.

erica said...

hey we finally did it. we now have a blog.
its patten-family@blogspot.com
sorry about the other night...one of these days we'll get it together. ha. sure hope roscoe is feeling better!!

Dentist in Training said...

Kristen!! I was on facebook and found Anna Smith and she had a picture with you in it. She gave me your blog address so I have been checking out your awesome little family! Its been a long time....hope you still remember me! haha. Anyway, just thought I'd say Hi! And I'm happy to see you're doing so well! Tanner Clark

~Cmac~ said...

I love your hat!