Wednesday, April 15, 2009

easter weekend

Egg Hunt
We spent our easter in St. George with Shawn's family.
 The kid's had such a blast at the easter egg hunt. I was a crazy person watching all the candy they ate. Really! Lexi was grabbing all the other cousins eggs and inhaling their jelly beans when they weren't looking. What happened to the good ol days of easter egg hunts with real hard boiled eggs?? (or was that just my childhood? or Idaho?) Oh well, I guess I should allow all the sugar a little more, so she is not quite so obsessed. :)


Roscoe could not get enough of the tramp. All he wanted to do was go outside and "bump."
Let me introduce you to the Rockstar's scary face (left) and funny face (right). All day long, and I never get sick of it. The kid cracks me up.
Baskets
The easter bunny brought golf clubs, swimsuits, a jumprope, a hippo floatie, magnifying glasses, and Caprisun's with 100% natural fruit juice. (love that little bunny) 
Easter Sunday
We put on our Sunday best and headed to Gramme's ward. She gave the best lesson in Relief Society. I enjoyed every second of my Sabbath worship free of snotty noses, crying babies, and poopy diapers. My apologies to whomever substituted for us in Nursery. 

All the cute cute grand kiddos. 
Oh My Darlings.

I love them too much!

18 comments:

Amy said...

You are beautiful! I love seeing your photography. Your kids are precious. They are so funny and cute together. I love hearing about your life. Your inspire me!

Anna said...

Kristin, those kids of yours are beautiful! Seriously, you + Shaun= cute kids! :)
We hid hard boil eggs back in the day with my family too. Then we would hit each other on the head with them to crack them.... hahaha such a classy family. :)

Dana said...

Mason saw the pics of the kids kissing and had to give me lots of kisses as well. I can't believe how beautiful they look in all those pics. Roscoe is so little boyish in those last few and you and lexi just look so photographable. I love the color you chose for your walls, I am jealous. Oh, and the Easter bunny must do all his shopping at the same store because Mason got that same basket and golf set. Easter bunny is very thrifty.

Chelsey said...

What kind of camera do you have? I need help with mine. I know I am a loser and don't know how to do anything. Oh, I have the canon 20D and didn't know if by chance you had the same and maybe you would actually know how to use it unlike myself.

Amanda said...

what a great easter. I am glad that you guys got away for the weekend. I love st george. Lexi looks like such a lovely lady in her hat and gloves. So cute and rosco lookes very handsome.

~Cmac~ said...

Kristin! I love Lexi's shirt! do you know if they make it in big girl sizes because I definitely want one. She's adorable. I love her little easter outfit too. Those gloves! Kill me now - way too much adorableness. I can't wait to doll Sophia up like that. Oh yes, and Roscoe's funny faces are hilarious. Chase and I miss all of you guys a lot. When can we get together again?

erica said...

dont even tell me you dont know how to use your camera...those pictures are perfect! love those kiddies. seriously roscoe looks so old!! what the heck??

erica said...

ps. went to go get considering lily at the library...they said that book doesn't exist? weird. maybe i have the wrong title..?

carrie said...

Way cute pictures Kristin! Lexi's Hat and gloves totally takes me back, my Mom used to dress me like that on easter and I loved it! Your kids both look so much like you and Shawn, such a good mix of of total cuteness!

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

DUDE IM LOVIN THE ROCKSTARS FACE! SEREOUSLY I NEED A BOY! LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A TON OF FUN. I REMEMBER YOUR 100% JUICE THING FROM BACK IN THE DAY...AND THOSE WHEAT PANCAKES:) LOVE IT

*/ Jillian said...

Crazy how much your kids are looking alike these days! What darling eater outfits! The kids wearing them just might make them even cuter! Glad you had a fun easter!

Ashlee said...

Gosh like you say you cant use your camera...
These pictures are so good!!
Love those ones of lexi and roscoe on the rock.
Darling.

Laurie said...

i LOVE your blog. if i had a hint of your creativity, i would post daily. but all i got is sarcasm. (creativity doesn't offend as much as sarcasm) oh well.

your kids are awesome! glad you all had a wonderful easter.

miss you!

Becky said...

All of your pictures are awesome i need to take some lessons form you and an up grade on the camra. love ya

De'dy Meng said...

Your kids are so cute! They are growing up so quickly. Looks like you had a wonderful Easter.

Burke family said...

Seriously how cute are those two kids! And you look beautiful too... No surprises there! Sounds like everyone had a great time!

Kristal said...

I love Roscoe's scary and funny faces!! So funny!! He does look alot more grown up with his hair spiked. They both look so cute. Love the hat on Lexie.

twede said...

Okay...first off, if you want an old fashioned egg hunt, come to podunk Snowflake, they had plain old white raw eggs. Nasty and messy...need I say more. Second, LOVE all your pictures, what kind of camera do you have? I guess it's easy to take such awesome pictures when you have such great subjects:) Your kids are absoutly precious. Serious, you need to have a dozen. Third, I got my header off my blog on myonecuteblog.com. What I want to know, how do you change the position of your words inside the header. I want mine moved over and down. Please tell me your secrets.