Thursday, September 3, 2009

Grandmee {sept 4}



What we love and appreciate about our Beautiful Mother, Friend, and Grandmee:
  • She is the most generous person I have ever known. Really. She gives and gives without expecting any recognition. We are thinking of having an intervention to remind her she is a school teacher and needs to keep some of her "wealth" to herself. :) I have learned so much about having true charity from her. I think it is the best quality to have.
  • Her smile. She always has one on her face and is truly a happy person.
  • The way she loves her grandkids and how they all adore her. She loves to do little things that she knows will mean so much. Lexi and Roscoe love running out to the mailbox to see what Grandmee has sent them and Lexi can't wait to go on St. George trips, so she can go to school and eat some lunch with Grandmee (usually a corn dog-awesome). She feels so grown up, and she is one lucky gal to have a grandma who knows the importance of some one on one special time.
  • She is the best teacher not only at school, but with life. I love talking to her and hearing her view point on things. She sees good in everybody even if they have wronged her, and I am always in awe with her positive perspective on others and in situations.
  • She is a worrier! The entire family is called if she hears an ambulance siren anytime day or night. She is always staying up at night worrying about each individual in the family. I remember when I worked night shifts at the hospital, I would come home to her house and she would look just as exhausted because she had stayed up all night worrying about me at work and Shawn with the kids at home. Cracks us all up, drives us crazy sometimes, but mostly we all feel so loved!!
  • She is beautiful. Really. Inside and out. I have always loved the sparkle in her eyes. She has so much genuine goodness about her that I think it just shines right through.
  • If she hears about a child suffering anywhere in the world, she will lose a night's sleep and some tears for that little one.
  • She has tons of friends and has quite the social life. Everyone loves to be around her, so sometimes we have to share her. :(
  • She works hard! Did I mention School teacher?? Can't wait for her to retire...2 more years...maybe 3...I'm thinking fund raiser to make it earlier...
  • She raised the best kids. I know, because I married one. They are all such genuine, honest, and loving people.
  • She is strong. She has been through so many trials in so many areas and I swear there is not a bitter bone in her body. I am in awe with her ability to endure and have so much joy.
  • She makes a mean Sunday dinner. Half the time she reads the recipe wrong or cracks an egg and throws the whole thing in (shell included), but yet it all comes out so yummy.
  • She is forgetful. Sometimes she will be talking to you on her cell phone and complaing that she can't find her blasted phone. Cracks us all up!
  • She has clean intentions always. It is NEVER her motive to hurt or offend anyone. And she is impossible to offend as well. She never holds a grudge.
  • She has an amazing ability to make a home a home. I swear she could live in a tiny shack, and I would love to visit just to feel at home. I think it is just the warm feelings she brings when you are around her. The fact, that it is always spotless probably helps as well.
  • She loves to travel. She enjoys beauty and is easy to please.
  • She walks every single night. I LOVE when I get to join.
  • She is one of those rare people who truly is who you think they are. She has such a genuine quality. You feel loved, because she really loves you. There is no competitiveness, insecurity, or jealousy about her. She loves to see others succeed and is genuinely happy for them.
  • She loves good movies and never tires of watching Father of the Bride. :)
  • She is a busy body. I get exhausted just watching her go and go.
  • She will single handedly keep Harmons afloat in any economy. She loves that grocery store and always seems to be headed there.
  • She has a great sense of humor and laughs so easily. She is married to the perfect man. They are always joking and laughing together.
  • She teaches the best Relief Society lesson, but stresses for weeks preparing them. She has an amazing testimony. Recently, she gave one of the best talks I have ever heard at an Assisted Living Facility where her father in law lives. It was on charity. Beautiful.
  • She enjoys a simple life, but you would think she was the richest woman in the world. And she kind of is, because we all love her so much!

Hope you have a good one Grandmee!

So glad we get to celebrate with you!

Love you!!

4 comments:

debbie joy said...

Happy Birthday Terri. I am so glad Kristin has you in her and her children's lives. I know she has a second mother in her corner at all times with you around. Thank you for loving her and mothering her. We need to plan another trip. Hawaii was so fun. Hope you have an awesome day!!! Chaud and Debbie

debbie joy said...

Happy Birthday Terri. I am so glad Kristin has you in her and her children's lives. I know she has a second mother in her corner at all times with you around. Thank you for loving her and mothering her. We need to plan another trip. Hawaii was so fun. Hope you have an awesome day!!! Chaud and Debbie

Jules said...

Kristin, you put it beautifully! We are glad to have you in the fam! Love you tons

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

your so sweet! and i love the lists.im a list person.
hey thursday sept 17 im having a girls night for my b day...and you must come call me asappppppppppppp yahear:)