Monday, August 31, 2009

beautiful

Love how close these two are. 
They spend their days wrestling, laughing, racing, cuddling, and of course annoying the heck out of  each other (it's necessary). I learn so much from their sweet little relationship and the natural unconditional bond they share. Can't count how many times I have heard Lexi lay into one of her friends for being mean or not including Roscoe. She will fiercely yell "Hey, that's my brother," and put an end to any teasing! 
Beautiful words to a mother.
 I am hoping they will always have the other's back as they grow and are in school together. Definitely praying that the Rockstar will "take care" of any guys that come near Lexi in High school. He is already towering over all the boys his age, but better start the protein shakes just to be sure. :)
Starting to see some benefits to having my kids 2 years apart. Not saying I am going to continue with the madness, but yes, definitely seeing some beauty to it. Glad we will welcome a third shortly. Roscoe and Lexi are kissing my belly and showing "baby" their funny faces everyday. They are convinced she thinks they're hilarious ( I think so). She is one lucky girl to be coming to such an incredible older sister and brother. I guess she probably knows that already.
Just glad I get to be a part of it all and witness beautiful siblinghood. (totally a word)

7 comments:

Lacey said...

It is totally a word! My girls are 5 years apart and it gets pretty difficult at times, with the whole playing situation. But McKenna is such an incredible older sister. What lucky gals we are:)

Ashlee said...

That is the CUTEST picture.
Miss them.

Meghan said...

I love having my kids so close too. My first 2 are only (gasp!) 17 months apart! And Boston and Rylee are 22 (should have been 24 though, who knew I'd pop THAT early?!?!) and I love it! I love the closeness. Half the time, in the mornings I go to wake the kids up, and Rylee has climbed into bed with Ashton. They don't even share a room- so that is music to my ears! I love it!

Broadhead Family said...

hey you never cease to amaze me on your blog. love the pics! can't wait to see you this weekend! love ya!

A said...

K, dumb technology question again. I thought I had figured out how to make my pics take up the whole blog by changing my template but I failed so I was wondering if it is really complicated (in which case I will give up) or if you could give some simple advice. Thanks, Angela

Burke family said...

That is the cutest picture ever! I love it! I remember the day I found out I couldn't marry my brother... I was devastated. Don't you just hope they will always stay sooo close!

Terry said...

Can't believe how that blog made my day. Thanks so much. I love you all. terry