Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Blessings

{March 7, 2010}
Gretta's blessing was quite the hectic day. Not sure what we were thinking grouping her's and Kole's together. 
Ours at 11 and then trying to make it to Payson by 1!? Yikes! 
Of course I woke up 3.5 hours before church to get everyone ready... 
and still I found myself sweating at 10:30, shoving gretta in her dress,
  {made by mom and neighbor maria...thank you}
throwing a headband on Lex, screaming for everyone to get assembled for pictures and Shawn muttering A.I.S. under his breath every time he walked by me (raymond fans anyone?). 
nice. typical sunday in the patten home.
 (minus the 3.5 hour thing and we don't take weekly pictures)
Good thing Gretta was an absolute doll in all the chaos.
So {blessed} to have her.
goodness. i love them.
I love how Shawn closes his eyes in almost every picture. Can't tell you how many pics have been thrown out due to him. He claims he has some superhuman reflexes that he can't help....right.
Couldn't throw this one out...captures all my kiddos personalities perfectly.
papa and grandma debbie
a little tired of the shoot.
beautiful babes.
time to go get my A.In my S. :)
K. one more pic.
The blessing went beautifully. Something about listening to your man bless your sweet baby with a lifetime of goodness that makes a heart just melt. Shawn was so nervous (i can only imagine) asking me all sorts of questions the night before, but he did perfectly. 
Stayed after for a minute to say hi and bye to friends (thanks hansens and amber)
and hugged my parents and sister goodbye (love you)
then jumped in the car to book it to Payson.
this little one was pooped.

always has her little hands clasped together. always.
lex and rocco pretending to be on splash mountain down every hill we went. ha!
pulled into Payson at 1:10...walked into sacrament right when the blessing was ending...dang it:(
we really would have made it had it not been for Lexi screaming to go potty at the gas station and then singing songs the whole time...taking her suweet time.
Instead, we hung out in the hall and snapped some beauties of this one.



Her many moods.
little ivy snuck out for a minute and gave roscoe a little love...so cute.
{Wimmer's house}
 Have to admit it was kind of nice not having to worry about anything afterwards...thanks so much jen and trent...the food was delish!
papa dennis
uncle chris and aunt erica
ashlee and nick
grammy and papa duane
blessed babes: gretta and kole
our only group pic and it only has half of us...shoot. i really did try.

Left the wimmer's around 4 to cruise on home. First thing I did was throw on some sweats and lay down on the couch. 
Kind of felt like I'd been hit by a bus...
I really had no idea how stressed I had been about everything until it was all over with. 
The rest of the night was perfect...shawn and I just enjoyed our little family and 
talked about how truly {blessed} we are!
(k. a little corny...but really we are...most days anyhow)
thanks to all who made it...missed the ones who couldn't.

7 comments:

erica said...

yes, hectic day it was...but enjoyed every second of it!

Janette said...

Gretta is so beautiful. Her blessing dress is perfect and I love her headband.
I laughed about Shawn blinking because Nate is the same way.Love the post!

Sam and Lacey said...

Gretta is a doll. Seriously. I can't believe how stinking cute she is. I am dying over the dress. Your mom made it? WOW! If I have another girl I am going to hire her for sure! I love blessings. They are my absolute fav. I really wish I could have made it. I am sure that Shawn did an awesome job. Your dress if gorgeous and you look stunnning. But what is new you always do.

Madsen Updates said...

Gretta is so ADORABLE!!!! She is seriously SO SO cute! She looks a lot like lexi to me. Love her dress, and that your mom made it for her. So sweet!

Terry said...

She is soooo beautiful. Lexie and Roscoe darling and the two of you a gorgeous couple. yes you are very blessed

Amy said...

Gretta is darling! I love the dress. Fun that our kids were blessed on the same day :)

In regards to the photos you asked about, I just uploaded them in blogger individually and then didn't put any spaces between them. The size of the picture is large. Make sense?

debbie joy said...

What a great day it was. Gretta is a doll. I'm so glad she grew into the dress. She is such a tiny little thing. What adorable kiddies you have. We love them so much!!! Mom