Saturday, April 17, 2010

easter egg hunt

{April 3}
We were so bummed to be missing out on the yearly Patten egg hunt at the park 
that we decided to try to recreate it the Saturday before Easter.
I did a little research friday night and found a local hunt with the Easter bunny attending. sweet.
I had this image of my kids running around in their easter outfits and flip flops gleefully collecting eggs 
while Shawn and I hung out and basked in the warm sun...
um...not quite how it all worked.
9 am Saturday came and slapped us in the face (who plans these things so early!?).
It was fuhreeeezing!
I wanted to cancel the second we walked out onto the front porch and felt the nose hairs freeze,
but I had already made the mistake of telling our little girl all about the event
and she was not about to miss out on seeing the infamous bunny.

this pic remind anyone else of the christmas story?
poor kid could barely move.
so grateful my wonderful parents drove up for the holiday.
I had no idea it was going to be this packed. I swear the whole city was there waiting for some candy.

Of course Papa took one look at the competition and started strategizing lexi on how to get the most loot in the shortest amount of time.
I'm pretty sure I heard him educating her on how to "throw an elbow"
thanks dad.

Lex sizing up the competition...
probably debating the right time to throw that elbow in.
Finally the fire truck horn went off and candy madness began.
Couldn't believe how many parents were going crazy collecting as much as they could.
Seriously shoving handfuls into their kids buckets.
Less is more people. Less is more.


All Lexi really cared about was getting her hands on this pink egg she had been eying for the last 15.
Thankfully it was a little less chaotic for Roscoe over in the 1-2 year old hunt.
Somehow, he still ended up with 3 x the candy his sister did...mmmhhh...
...thinking maybe his daddy had something to do with that.
Guess we are those parents after all. :)
Had to grab a pic in the snow for the memory of it.
Seriously Utah. Easter!?
Thinking next year we'll definitely try to make it back to St. George for the weekend.
Nothing beats that sunshine.

*i hate when i get this behind on the blog. so much to post about. hopefully i'll catch up soon, fingers crossed this weekend.

4 comments:

erica said...

dang. they got a lot more candy than they would have at the patten egg hunt. ha.

Burke family said...

That is too funny! The snow for Easter. The competitive parents. The million families out for free events. Yep, only in Utah. :) Gotta love it!

Terry said...

wish you could have been here. It was fun as usual, but looked like they had a good time even in the cold.

nicole said...

Kristin, you are seriously one of the only people who can get me to laugh out loud. Gotta love the snow and the over sized bunny! Here's one for the memories :D