Thursday, April 22, 2010

wednesdays

About 3 months ago I got a call from a darling girl in my ward (nicole) to join her and Amber for an evening of watching Oprah. 
(long story. just know that it was awesome, as Oprah always is. no haters please.)
We ended up staying until well after our bedtime talking birth, laughing, nursing babes, kissing some owees, eating some bruschetta, and basically solving all the worlds problems one hour at a time. (Seriously Mothers need to run the world!) 
By the end of the night, we were bonded, and dropping phrases like "inspired friendship,"... could have been all our post partum hormones, but none the less we fell in love.
We quickly realized that all our hubbies are usually working Wednesdays and had the thought to keep it up trading houses week to week.
Sie joined a couple of weeks later, and the rest is history.
Here are the ladies...
and the kiddos...
Gets a little crazy at times with all 13 crammed under one roof.
(pic missing lil gretta)
Started having the tradition of cooking some ultra healthy dinner and swapping recipes.
This night Nicole gourmeted us to some yummy quinoa, beets, sprouts, and hummus all wrapped up in a collard. Seriously so good. Kids sometimes don't comply with the grub, so they got some nuggets.
Due to the amazing weather, the munchkins spent the whole night outside jumping
with only a few mishaps...like lex face planting off the tramp...sick to my stomach still.
Us moms stayed indoors and soaked up a little adult time.
Love these women.
We have spent each wednesday talking late into the evening...so hard to leave.
Our topics can be anything, ranging from food storage to beauty secrets to earth quakes (usually only if nicole's around;)).
Amazing how much we all have in common...same passions....same interests...same fears.
and how much we all teach each other...or at least I'm taught.
Truly believe we will be friends/sisters for life.
And for that, I am grateful. 

11 comments:

*/ Jillian said...

K one- I swear you have hair extentions! you hair wasn't that long before. and two- come to st george and find some genuine friends like these for me to hang out with please! looks like a blast!

Kit said...

Haha. Jill I figured you'd catch that...yes. AMber bought some of those clip in extensions, I tried them on and loved it. Wish my hair could grow that fast.

I still think you should come bunk with me up here in Northern. These girls would love you! Come on. Garrett can come to. :)

Tami said...

That sounds like so much fun!! What a great group of girls! You guys should definatley keep it up. You all look so so beautiful!

Janette said...

How FUN and awesome that you all have things in common. I couldn't believe all the kiddos...holy!
I love your hair and was thinking the same thing as above (wow her hair grows fast ha ha).
Thank you for the sweet comment. I honestly just use photoshop elements and I will email you a few websites that give great photo tips. I still don't know a lot and am trying to learn as much as I can.

Sam and Lacey said...

guess I am not genuine. haha

Burke family said...

That sounds just perfect!

Todd McLauchlin said...

It sounds like what happens when Chase, Aaron and I get together

A said...

So I know it probably sounds like I just try to copy everything you do, but I just wondered if you knew the place to get such clip on hair extensions? Expensive? I've always wanted to try some just for a change.

Dana said...

First, love the long hair. Second, love that you get mommy time with other cool mommies and I totally agree that friend time as a mom brings serious joy and sanity. Third, I'm a little jealous and wish I lived closer and could join you all. Forth, A couple weeks ago I bought 180 lbs of grain, 25 of quinoa. Send any delish recipes this way. We have had it in stir fry and tacos this week and we are loving it, even Mason but I need ideas for sure. Fifth, you seriosly just look great. Oh, and $40 total for the pics, haven't received them yet, but will let you know when I do.

Anna said...

love the clips.
i dont love oprah, but you said no haters please so i am being obedient. :)
good friends are good for the soul. :)
love you!

nicole said...

Just when I thought I couldn't love you more Kristin! What a beautiful tribute! Seeing all the pictures brings a huge smile to my face and tears to my eyes! I couldn't feel more happy and blessed to have you, Amber and Sierra in my life. It's been 2 weeks and I'm dying...I need some girlie time. Miss you! Can't wait to see you on Wednesday. Love you!!!