Monday, April 12, 2010

growing up gretta

                     4.2.10






































Dear Gretta Rose,
four months old!?
i can't believe how fast the time is going, and yet it seems like you've been with us forever!
really. daddy and i can't imagine what life was like before you came along.
our family feels so whole.
(though i'm sure there are others)
i truly have never been so content as a mother.
you, your brother, and your sissie just light up this home and our lives so much.

you are finally going down for the night at 9 consistently...still waking up every 3 hours though.
threw out babywise (blast that book) last month.
figure i'll just deal with no sleep, because i sure can't handle letting you cry.
you absolutely refuse the binky...such a foreign idea to me.
i'm always amazed that somehow you sleep without it.
you love snuggling with your blankie still and i am currently your bink...
not so fun, but oh well.
you LOVE and i mean LOVE sucking on your toesies though. 
you always have them in your mouth.
so stinking cute!!

you are so engaging.
always grinning.
if you so much as hear mine or daddy's voice you get the biggest open mouthed grin and your eyes just light up.
though you are perfectly happy on the floor playing,
i can't help but get nothing done with you around...
always stopping my work to play with you and see that big ol smile.

lexi and roscoe absolutely adore you
they love babysitting and playing with you.
lexi is constantly singing to you and making funny faces trying to get you to laugh.
and brother is always giving you kisses.
he recently started including you in his diego play too...
hope you don't mind being baby marmocet. haha.

you are rolling all over the place now.
and i swear you will be sitting up very soon.
you're still so stinking tiny, but such a strong little thing.
you're eyes are always as wide and big as can be.
you remind me so much of lexi at this stage...don't want to miss a thing.

you're still next to our bed.
daddy and i love cuddling and watching you sleep.
seriously takes our breath away.

can't believe how much we love you.
i remember finding out i was pregnant a little over a year ago.
we were shocked to say the least.
and definitely overwhelmed.
i now know that no amount of planning/preventing would have changed anything.
we simply needed you here.
thanks for coming.
know that we couldn't love you more darling gretta.






































Love,
Mommy
(and the rest of us)

20 comments:

Amanda said...

her eyes are so cute. He is getting so big she doesnt even look like a baby anymore. She is a doll. The letters you write to her are so touching. You are such a great mom you rkids are lucky to have you

Erin said...

She is seriously adorable. I can't believe how blue her eyes are. Amazing! cute family! -Erin Papa

Lisa said...

What, you are telling me Babywise won't just magically work for my babe? Rats ;)
She is an absolute doll! Wish we could be there to hang with you guys still.

debbie joy said...

she is seriosly so cute. maybe someday she will grow into those huge peepers. loved being there for easter. we love you all love mom

*/ Jillian said...

she is starting to look more like lex to me. gosh time flies!

Terry said...

She is so darling and I love her so much. IT's so much fun to hear how she is doing and keep updated by your blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope she doesn't grow into her eyes!-I hope they stay big. She is so sweet. I love the pic of her on the next post. What a beauty!!

Sonny said...

she is so dang cute. we have the most darling kids. its because they have such an amazing mother. love you babe

Sam and Lacey said...

Her eyes are so big. I love them. She is a doll. I loved watching her. I wish I lived closer so I could do it more often. I still need to show that song called gretta. You would love it.

Dana said...

Can she and Logan date? Please, he will be good to her. She is beautiful. Neither of my boys will take binkies, human binky isn't fun, but it's great not to worry about breaking them of it. Oh, and good work throwing out babywise, some serious opinions about that:) (I know, big surprise)

Janette said...

Oh my goodness she is so beautiful! Love the pic of her with Lexi, so precious. I also love her big blue eyes.
You know I was so PRO baby wise with Boston and I swore by the book. I haven't done ANY baby wise with Lila and she started sleeping through the night around the same time as Boston.(3 or 4 months).

Burke family said...

Look at those eyes! So big and so blue! She is adorable!

carrie said...

i love these posts Kristin! it's so fun to see her grow up with every post, i too love her eyes! Tell Shawn thanks so much for helping us out with the house plans!!!! We owe you guys big time.

Tami said...

Oh my! Those big beautiful eyes! She is the prettiest little thing! I really really need to come over so I can hold her! I totally mean it!

Kristal said...

Gretta is so adorable. I love seeing how much Lex loves her. It is so sweet. I need to come over again. Love all your posts. You are a super mom. Way to go on getting rid of the binkies!! We got rid of Regan's duck blanket and it was rough, but it's amazing how well kids can adapt to new things. Call me sometime.

~Cmac~ said...

She is beautiful! Those eyes!

Jenny Axford Cook said...

What a doll!

Amy said...

She is so stinkin cute (all 3 of them are)! I like hearing what she is doing because Noah is right behind her.

Rosco looks so grown up with his hair cut. Can't believe our kids are almost 3!

Marcie said...

She is so beautiful!! I loved babywise in the beginning but then it got harder to follow later on. I LOVE LOVE LOVE healthy sleep habits, healthy child. Its the best sleep book i read.worked awesome for me and my other family members. Again your family is adorable!!

Kit said...

Hey marcie! Will you add me to your blog kristinpatten24atyahoo dot com