Sunday, August 1, 2010

Idaho Life

7.20-7.23
Right after swimming lessons on Tuesday, the kids and I hopped in the car and drove up to my parents. It was a little last minute, but Brother Chaud and family were coming for a visit, and I was not about to miss out on that party.
As always we had such a good time...

{Campfire}






My kiddos know that Papa's house = Smores every evening.
It has gotten so bad that the last time Lex and I came it was too cold to sit outside, so my dad got a torch out and he and Lex roasted their marshmallows over the kitchen table. I was not too thrilled with that idea, so I am glad this time it was plenty warm and so so pretty outside.
This visit, Papa had a new treat in store. Banana Boats.
Banana. chocolate. marshmallow. nuts. graham cracker.
They were mighty yummy.

{the gardens}


Papa grows the best garden around. 
And he should. He has a greenhouse the size of our first home.
Raspberries aren't quite ready, but the strawberries were a hit!
We'll be back for that raspberry jam in the fall though.

{the waterfall}










My parents home backs right up against National Forest
which makes me a little nervous about my kids playing outside with all that wildlife.
It doesn't help that my dad built a ginormous water source for them either. :)
This time I was especially squeamish, because they have had a bear visit a few times at night leaving marks all over their windows, digging in trash, and destroying a bird feeder. Yikes!
Good thing my pops was packing. If you know what I mean. 

{Besties}
Lexi & Kaylee


These two are inseparable.
The last night we hit up the hot pools and the girls were ecstatic to show off their matching suits.
What can I say? They got style.

Aunt Ciara & Baby Gretta
I love how much my baby sister adores my baby girl.
I am pretty sure my baby girl adores that baby sister just as much.
So sweet.

{Sisters}

Love my sisters. Every one of them.

We sure missed you Rochelle and Derrick. December?

4 comments:

Burke family said...

Oh my gosh! You're parents place looks AMAZING!

A said...

So where do your parents live again? It looks like paradise!

Dana said...

Aw, I love your fam! I would love to see your parents some time...if they ever come to your house when it isn't crazy busy fam time, you should tell me so I can come visit.

The Hatch's said...

I want your camera! Those pictures look so cool with the water flowing off the rocks in a standstill.