Sunday, March 30, 2008

Potty Training Time!

So Lexi is 2 and a half, and I am finally attempting this whole potty training thing. We started on Wednesday and so far we have had about 15 "accidents", a few wrestling matches, some potty 101 courses watching mommy and daddy (apologize for any visuals out there), and a very cute Cinderella chair thrown away because even after 4 years of Nursing School I refuse to clean up poo-poo! Needless to say it hasn't been toooo terrible. I still don't understand why we get all stressed out trying to do these things...Like I always say... Even druggy moms get their kids potty trained and binkyless eventually right! (yes that is the standard I hold for myself--nice huh.) Well, I am open to any advice/suggestions all you great moms have out there. Right now I am using skittles for when she goes pee-pee (which she is doing really well with), and a prize purse for poo-poo (yeah not so well...) Looking forward to some ideas.

13 comments:

Todd McLauchlin said...

Um,... I have no idea how to potty train. But good luck!

*/ Jillian said...

Krist,
all I have to say is stick with it. It takes time, so just be patient. But it sounds like she is figuring it out, so it wont be long!

Dana said...

My only advice (because I live and breath child development with the job I am at right now and I can't help but share my opinions on stuff like this) is try your hardest not to get mad when she has accidents, just stay positive with her and then she will be more likely to stick with it. Because, come on, for the last 2 1/2 years you have been telling her to go potty in a diaper and now you are changing your mind, that has to be confusing. Anyway, I mainly got on to say "BLESS YOU." I kept losing all my widgets on my BLOG and it was really starting to make me mad and I don't have time to figure it out. But that site you gave me is awesome, even I did it. YAY for a cute BLOG!!

Anonymous said...

oh man, good luck! And when you are finished and she can go pee-pee in the potty, tell me how the heck you did it. It's one of those things that you want done but you put it off as long as possible! I heard that girls are easier-that's a plus. I'm glad you are moving to slc. That makes us a little closer and maybe it'll be easier to get together. I'm with you though, we need to get together! How soon do you move? That's awesome that he got in! Congrats! Let me know how potty training goes:)

Anonymous said...

I read your posts and laugh because I can totally hear you talking in your Kristin humor!

Burke family said...

Oooh! Good luck with that! You become the pro and then go ahead and give me all your hints in about a year when I have to take on the task of potty training! Being a mom is SO FUN sometimes, huh?! :)

Grandma said...

Hey Kristin - I saw your comment on Katie's blog and blog hopped over here! It is fun to see your cute family! You look so great! I love seeing you so happy! I know you are just the cutest Mom ever! Potty Training - the reason I don't have more children. That, and terminal morning sickness!! So... no advice from me!! Just lots of love sent your way!!!

Dana said...

Hey, just so you know, I actually just found a website like the one you showed me, but it had more. It's called one cute blog and it's on my favorite sites list. Also, Allie and I are trying to put some sort of simple reunion together for June sometime. We think we will just have lunch at a park in Poky and invite any friends from high school within the reach of all of our Blogs. So, we will keep ya posted. Let me know if you have other suggestions.

Rach said...

So not fun... I just remembered you started a blog. It's cute. It'll be fun to see what you are up to in SLC. (my only PT advice...ditch the diapers and pull ups completely...except for sleeping, of course, you'll have accidents...yuck, i know-- but they seem to catch on quicker. ) Good luck

Lynsee said...

I really don't know what to tell you. Hayden still isn't potty trained. I tried with Briggs early and he wanted nothing to do with it. The best advice I received was from my sister. She told me to wait and not to push it. Luckily I listened and Briggs pretty much potty trained himself in about a week. I'm hoping Hayden does the same. It all depends on the kid. Good luck!

~Cmac~ said...

Hey, every time I come to your blog, it gets even cuter. I love it!

Kaylee said...

Hey Krisin this confuses me but i think i did it right anyway Roscoe has gotten so big sense the last time i saw him!!!!!!!!!!

Sonny said...

One year latter she still pees her pants every once in a while, but who doesn't.