Monday, April 28, 2008

Homeless

So if you have talked to me in the last 5 weeks you would know that we are looking all over the Salt Lake Valley for a home....Sounds easy huh......Yeah not so much!! Today I went to put an offer on our fifth "dream home" only to find out that someone put an offer 1 hour before us AAUUGGHHH!! I am starting to feel like that movie "Ground Hog's Day". This just keeps happening. I sound frustrated huh....and I am, because I just want a home so darn bad. Shawn starts school on May 12, so we have to be out of our apartment on May 10...yes that is a week and a half. Right now I am at my parents home in Idaho (which is about to become my permanent residence while Shawn lives in SLC). I know, I know Not the World's Biggest Problem, but it is starting to become mine. I seriously will take ANYTHING about right now!! I so don't want to be away from Shawn, but I also don't want to rent and unpack and sign a lease and then find a home and pack again ...you get the picture. I know I am being impossible with my refusal to rent, but I really am not asking for advice right now, and no not sympathy either. I just really needed to write, because all I can currently think about is my (well someone elses's now) big beautiful home in Layton, Ut. Seriously, It was so perfect....Big yard, nice floor plan, nothing too fancy, and in the awesomest (not a word huh) neighborhood ever. I am so bummed, because I am SICK to DEATH of looking at homes. Anyways this has become way too long...Pray for us....Or atleast come visit me in good ol Po dunk ID this summer (hopefully just for the summer)!

16 comments:

*/ Jillian said...

krist,
I knew things wernt going good since I havent heard from you since friday. So why didnt you just put an offer in for higher than what those people did?????

Brianna said...

Probably dumb to mention but have you looked in Bountiful yet? Also, Farmington is really nice. I was in Bountiful today and saw SO MANY homes for sale by owner. Have you looked at that website?
forsalebyowner.com

GOOD LUCK!!!

Brianna said...

Oh, and I can't wait to take pictures of your kids so you better get in touch as soon as your settled:)

Kit said...

We didn't offer higher than the other people, because the owner was countering yesterday for full price. I guess the other people low balled it, but they can pay cash for it, so I am sure they can get financing for full price. We told the owner that we would pay full price, so she will call us today if for some crazy reason those people don't get it. It was an amazing deal, so I am sure that they won't pass it up....unless someone in Heaven loves me like crazy...JK And we would have made an offer for higher than asking price, but then she still would have to go to the first people and have them give her their highest, and we didn't want to get in that mess.
Thanks Brianna. I checked that site out a while ago, but I will try again.

~Cmac~ said...

I love you Kristen! Good Luck!

Burke family said...

Househunting is definitely frustrating and discouraging! Sorry you aren't having any success, but hang in there. Something will work out for sure! And then it will be so exciting to have a new home and be together again. :) Good luck!

Anonymous said...

If you are like me, you get your heart set on something and then you obsess about it. House hunting sucks and is sooo stressful!! You're kinda in the same situation me and Luke were. We had to find a house real fast in Boise so he could start school and could only go to Boise so many times to find a house. I'm sure something will work out though!! Luke's brothers house is for sale in Farmington. It's cute too. Anyway, good luck!

Amber said...

I feel so bad. I justed to shawn and you at like 6. I thought for sure all things would work out on this one! I am sure you both are starting to go out of Minds with all this. Hang in there!! You will find your Dream House soon. :)

Kristal said...

Dang! I hope you find something fast (and closer to SLC so we can live closer to eachother :) ). Keep us posted on what you find. Things will work out. Where will Shawn stay? Will he rent?

Rachel said...

Dido o what jillian said......I hope something comes up real soon for you! If I were in your shoes I would be doing/feeling the same way!
Love ya and hope to hear from you soon!

Sam and Lacey said...

Oh, I hope things work out. I knew that things weren't going good cause I kept expectiong a call saying you had a house but no call. Just go with your heart. Will it be Riverton or Layton. I hope Riverton cause you will be so close to my mom.

Chelsey said...

I know the feeling and things will get better.

Amber said...

Did you find anything else? Are you back in St.G now? I haven't heard from Tuft yet! We missed you and the kids Sunday at my moms. :(

Chase said...

Hey kristin,

I just started a blog and I wrote a post linking to your story about Justin. Hope you don't mind!

Hope all is well and good luck finding a house. We want to see you when you move here!

www.philosopherpundit.com

2nd Time Around said...

I know how you feel. I have been searching for a house for 6 months. You guys are so sweet and your kids are gorgeous! I hope you find the house you love!
Lindsey (Rigby) Long
lindseylongfamily.blogspot.com

Sonny said...

Everything turned out perfect. we got the home of our dreams, but house hunting is NOT one of my favorite things to do.