Monday, July 28, 2008

And Finally Pics of the Casa...


Just some quick pics I took of the house. I am sure that once I get it all decorated how I want it, we will be moving again. Oh well, that is how it goes I guess. Don't mind the weird dark shadow in a lot of the pics. My camera is jacked. Anyways, I love this house. It has been so fun moving into a place that is actually ours. We also love the neighborhood. It is awesome. There are so many young families and so many cool things to do here. The only thing that stinks is that Shawn is ALWAYS gone. I really hardly see him these days. The Architecture program is a killer! It makes me miss our old life so much. He left at 6 am and was home at 6 pm......Blissful!! I really feel like back then I had it close to all together. Now, It seems like I am barely holding it together and a lot of the time I am not holding it together at all. Seriously, I turn my back for one second and Roscoe climbs out of his highchair onto the kitchen counter or is dipping his toothbrush in the toilet after Lexi has gone in it.....AAUUGHHH! And I use to do "school" with Lex everyday and go exploring and play like crazy. Now, I rarely get her hair done, she won't eat any of my meals(not even toasted cheese sandwhiches....Come on!), and one measly outing to the library wipes me completely of my energy, so I feel like she goes to bed a lot hungry and sad. I am trying to figure out something that will work better, because I am losing my mind most days. I hope loving them like crazy will count for something in the end. SO If any of you are going or have been through the whole school thing/single mom, I am totally open to some advice. Wow....And I thought this would just be a quick post of some pics of the house..... Scary what happens when you start writing!

15 comments:

Dana said...

Yay for pictures! That is quite a nice house you have got yourselves. I'll be honest, I am slightly jealous of your kitchen with all of the counter space and cupboards, but I am going to try not to resent you for it:). Congrats, hope it is all you were hoping for. Thanks for sharing.

Dana said...

Oh, your post just showed up, it was just pics when I started typing. How embarrassing, I commented before you had even posted, I kinda feel like a stalker all of the sudden. Anyway, good luck with the kiddos. I did that with Mason for just a few months, so I can only imagine what it is like with two and for a little longer, but I'm sure you will get it all back together again....and then you will be done and get all thrown off again. I don't think you are supposed to feel like you have it all together for very many months at a time. I think that's just an unwritten life rule or something. If it makes you feel any better, now is not one of those times for me either.

Amber said...

I love the house!!! As for the Husband & School thing...... It is Very Hard!! When Branden did his 4 years at the U I went crazy. Once he was half way things got better. I wish I still lived there to help ya. I miss it up there. We miss you. Hang in there. It's worth it!

Amanda said...

I love your kitchen. It is awesome.

I am sorry that shawn is gone so much. Daivd left last sunday for 12 weeks. Our first try at a deployment. It is hard to have them gone. I feel like the last week I have tried so hard to keep our schedules the same and on a routine. We have had to make more playdays and things like that to give us more to do. I think the days you have energy to go do stuff do it. If you dont have the energy then dont. There is no reason to make things more stressed for you.
Your kids know how hard you are working. They may not be able to tell you but you can see how happy they are. Once this phase is over there will be something else. I think each phase brings something new.
You are doing a great job. Your kids are always so happy. YOu do a great job.
Hang in there things will get easier for you.
If you ever want to complain about a husband being gone or burn out with the kids. You can let me know through my blog if you want to chat.
Hang in there. Sorry for the long novel

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys are doing some fun stuff! We go to Bear Lake every summer and I LOVE it! It's a good tradition to start. Mitch and Kevin look good-I bet that was so much fun! I'm excited for oct. Which I can for sure go and I can't wait.
As far as the whole single mom thing goes, I really sympathize. It is such a hard and trying time and I think what makes it worse it that the most adult conversation that I have is talking with my two year old. Every one says it goes by really fast and I think it really does. Everything is still so new, I bet you will get in to a routine and then everything will start to get easier.
Loved the post! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

ALSO...
Your house looks super nice! Moving into a new house is the best and the cleanest mine has ever been! I can't wait to see it in person.

*/ Jillian said...

ok just a couple things! Your house is darling you already know I think that though. Second, I still cant read what you wrote but going off of what everyone else is saying its about school and shawn. Ok heres a thought..... move to St. George with me during the week and we can be single moms together? YA BABY!

twede said...

Okay, Love the house!!! You better be givin me a tour when I come up next week! You're in Layton, right? I'll come up, see you, get your mind off of being a single mom for an afternoon. Can't wait!

Sam and Lacey said...

Holy Post is right. I got on here and there was a million things on it. I love your house! I am so sad taht we won't get to spend much time before you leave on your cruise. I seriously don't know how you do it day in and day out I would be a wreck. I looks like you have been having a lot of fun!

bryce and paige said...

I love your house, how marvelous that you have one! I can't wait for the day! Oh my word, Kristin you are the best mom, I seriously struggle so bad everyday and it's good to know that others have struggles too. I always feel so guilty when I don't read to Lucy but, Hello! Life is so crazy, I'm so scared to have two! I hope I can be as good a mom as you are, and if anything just love them. Sounds like you're hangin in there! Just keep up the good work!

~Cmac~ said...

Kristen! Your house is to-die-for beautiful! I am so happy for you guys!
If you EVER need any help babysitting, let Chase & I know. We would love to play with your cute kids and give you a break whenever you need it. It must be pretty overwhelming, but I know you're doing great & school will be over before you know it. Someday you'll look back in your beautifully-architechtured-by hubbie house and you will barely even remember how hard it was. I'm pretty sure "architechtured" is not a word, but maybe it should be! :) We would love to hang out this weekend. Count us in.

Jonathan and Susan said...

Love the house, it looks so big and roomy. So much fun we would love to visit. And I am sure you already know this but you are an amazing mom. One of the best I have ever known. Don't get down on yourself, your family is adorable, your house is great, and you are such a great example to me.

Anna said...

Your house looks so great! You did such a good job decorating! Thanks for posting an update!

The Colvins said...

Your house is so cute! I love it! I haven't been through the school/single mom thing, but do feel like I'm losing my mind the majority of the time--so I can relate with you there!

Sonny said...

Our house is awsome. and you are the best mother ever. are kids are so happy because they have such a fun time every day (because of you). I feel so blessed to have our kids being raised by such an increadible person.