Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Oh Happy Fourth!

For the fourth of July we headed up to good ol Circleville. Circle what?? Exactly!  It is this tiny little town in the middle of Utah. Shawn's mom is from there, and so we had a little family reunion there. It was so fun, well parts of it. I guess I didn't care for the tradition of letting off dynamite all around the town for an hour starting at 5am and a word form the wise if you ever decide to make a vacation (or honeymoon) in this beloved little town I would bring your own mattress, because the Butch Cassidy Inn makes sleeping out on the concrete appealing! 
Anyways, we really did have a blast. We met up with the Hansens and Lexi got to see one of her best friends, Parker. We watched one killer parade and got so much candy. Terry and Duane had to judge the "floats" (they're really four wheelers with balloons on them, but whatever). That was a little stressful, because the same people are suppose to win every year and there have been arguments of the parade being rigged. We then headed up to Birch Creek and ate. Lexi had more junk food then she has eaten in her entire life. I seriously stopped counting after her 10th marshmallow! That night we watched a killer firework show. It was awesome. I have to say I am a HUGE fan of Circleville! It reminds me of StarsHollow from Gilmore Girls (minus hot Luke of course). I loved it!
After Circleville we headed to Fish Lake to see more of Shawn's awesome family and then to STG for a work meeting. Lex got to see Ali and play and Lac tattooed my eyeliner. AAUUGGHHH! She did awesome, and I think that I am her wussiest (yes that's a word) client ever! We also got to see Justin and his awesome family. Roscoe loved him and kept wanting to sit on his lap. It was so cute! 

P.S. Don't mind my Concentration camp look. I am working on it!

P.S.S. I love our Country!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like you had tons of fuN! I loved the slide show and your concentration camp look! It's nice to be able to get away for a weekend.

Anonymous said...

You make me feel guilty when you talk about not giving your kids too much junk food. If you knew what Lily put in her mouth you would never let Lex and Lily be friends!

The Hatch's said...

Lexi is getting SO big! (Not from the junk food, just grown up!) I think Roscoe looks like you Krick. He's a cutie, that's for sure! I miss you guys and cannot wait to be back home in the wonderful Zion state of Utah! Love you~

A said...

I love your slide show. I am also so jealous of you and your friends' ability to make a ritual out of get togethers. Once I move back, I'll be the only one stuck in UT while the rest of my friends party in Poky. :( boo hoo

Sam and Lacey said...

hey, you forgot about your eyebrows. Are you not a fan? JK It was great to see you even if I was just up in your face for that 5 hours. I hope everything is looking good and healing well. I am glad you had fun in circleville. One of these days we will all get together at the same time.

Sam and Lacey said...

Oh by the way. It is permanent makeup not a tatoo. Unless you are from Idaho.

*/ Jillian said...

We had such a fun day seeing you guys! I told you not to use that picture! Seriously if we could just clash our bodies together I took some of your skinny and you took some of my hugeness we would both be looking pretty hot! But you look good all the time no matter what! I want copies of the pictures of the girls!

Brianna said...

I've been wanting Lacey to do my eyebrows forever, but I keep putting it off because I am SO SCARED! I love that you went to Circleville...I love all the old towns on HWY89! My grandma lives in Panguitch and we always go there for the 24th which is the bomb! I love it...you would too. I love old, small towns. I'm pretty sure we are staying out here in California for good! At least until Nick finishes school. I really want to take pictures for you someday though, maybe in August when we come back to get our stuff from storage. Plus, we haven't seen you guys in so long!

Becky said...

Circelville sounds fun not as fun as the whitetrash fair grounds though! I do miss when we were all there together.

Jodi Rae said...

Hey Kristin! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am glad that I have a way to stay in touch with you. Anyway, you moved up north right? That is cool that you bought a house. Oh, and my email is jodirae27@hotmail.com for when you go private. I will for sure add you to my list!

carrie said...

I am also a big fan of small towns! We go to Marysvale every 24th of July, we can't miss the fish rodeo, sooo sweet! P.S. Who is the little boy in the BYU hat? He looks like a mini Shawn, CRAZY!

Matt, Meggan & Ty said...

Your family is so cute!! I'm definitely going to have to look into to Circleville for my next getaway! :)

Amanda said...

it sounds like you had a great foruth of july. It is always nice to go on a little getaway. How is is living in SLC? Hope you are enjoying it. Your kids are so cute. They always have the happiest smiles.

Karl & Leslie said...

Kristin,
We miss your family. I wish I was going to Salt Lake too! We move the last week in August. Alot of people are leaving the ward after we leave. I'm excited but scared. you can't blame me I'm going to be living with all the ganstas.

Ashlee said...

These pictures are all so good! Have you been using your new camera lots!?

Sonny said...

This was such a fun trip I love that place. I have a way cool family too.