Monday, February 1, 2010

choose the right

{1.17.10}
Lexi came home from church jumping for joy to be in her new CTR class.
Her teachers gave her a CTR ring and explained what it meant to 
choose the right.




A couple hours later she came in my room sobbing, because she had lost her CTR ring somewhere. 
She was heartbroken as we searched everywhere for it. 
Finally, I asked her if she wanted me to say a prayer to help us find it. 
She nodded thru her tears.
We looked for a little longer afterwards, but no luck.
Lex went off to play finally, and I started on the dishes wondering how I would find time the next day to sneak off to buy a new CTR ring for her. 
(O ye of little faith)
A few minutes later Lexi came screaming and squealing upstairs holding her CTR ring in her hand. 
It had fallen out of her shirt while she was playing in the basement.
I sat on our stool to give her a hug, but she knelt down in front of me instead and started into a prayer thanking her Heavenly Father for helping her find her special choose the right ring.
Took everything in me not to start sobbing right then and there over this beautiful gal of mine.
Instead, I said my own little prayer thanking our Father for teaching me a lesson that day as well. 
No crisis is too small.
Grateful.

9 comments:

Chelsey said...

How cute! Kamryn didn't get one in her class :( I will have to go see what is up with that. She will feel so special if she gets one. I love ur basement, and the capes you made for the kids. That's a really good idea and I think I will have to make some for my kids for valentines day. I saw in one of your pics that you had a mini tramp, where did you get it? I have been searching all over the place for one for Brynlee for her birthday. Haven't had much luck yet.

Kit said...

Wish I could take credit for the capes, but my mom made them. THe kids love them!! GOt the mini tramp art Big 5 a while ago. Great purchase!!

debbie joy said...

I'm sobbing right now. Gave a talk on prayer yesterday would have so used this story. I think your girls are absolutely beautiful, just like their momma. love you all tons mom

Sonny said...

such a good post babe. she does have such strongest faith. I love how she gets so excited to read the scriptures every night.

*/ Jillian said...

darling darling little lex. Their pure little hearts are the best!

Terry said...

Of course I'm tearing up just reading it. She has such a wonderful spirit. I'm still learning such great lessons from my kids and grandkids. Thanks for the reminder to have faith.

Rachel said...

yep....now you got me all teary eyed! love that sweet little girl(s) of yours. sure do miss you!

Kristal said...

That is the sweetest story ever. How many kids her age would take the initiative to thank their HF for helping to find thier beloved ring? Not many, that is for sure. You must be doing something right. What a good mom you are.

~Cmac~ said...

Pretty, pretty girls!