Shawn and I stayed up late last night looking through a memorabilia bin I grabbed from his house before we left st. george. (promise to return it terry)
In between report cards, photos, letters, souvenirs and certificates were various little pieces of papers with phone numbers from all sorts of girls. I was dying. Seriously. I only took a pic of these three, but there were a ton. I had to tease and ask Shawn why in the world he had all these phone numbers among his most prized possessions. He told me, and I quote,
"I seriously remember tucking these in here and thinking that when my wife came across them one day she would think I was a stud."
right. That is exactly what I am thinking.:) We even found a love letter written from some chick signed Vicki L. who he has no recollection of. It's chock full of her heart brokenness over Shawn choosing someone else. wow. nice.
I couldn't feel too bad, because Shawn quickly pulled out his wallet and grabbed my original digits. He has them laminated with the first bow baby Lexi had in the hospital. aw.
He also carts around the bobby pin I wore in my hair on one of our first dates. so cute...or maybe a little creepy? j/k babe.
I had forgotten he still had my number in his wallet, and looking at it took me back 7+ years when I wrote it down for him.
Computer center, Dixie State College. I was working on one of many research papers. Shawn (who I nick named dream boy for my mom and friends convenience) was in his usual seat across the way inching his head up every now and then to peek over his computer and look at me. I was fully aware of the admirer, but he ducked back down every time I tried to make eye contact. It had been a few weeks of this, and I was starting to think maybe the boy wasn't into me after all. Finally one afternoon in early December, I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up to see mr. dream boy himself. He was nervous. shaking like a leaf really. He made some awkward conversation and asked if he could get my number. sure. I wrote it on a paper and tore it off.
The next day he called to see if he could maybe take me out that night on his Harley as long as I wasn't already busy. I said yes, and the rest is history.
I knew he was a keeper after that first date.


15 comments:
Oh man, Shawn gets serious points for laminating your number...how sweet is that! You two are too cute!
Logged into the wrong account...that was from me :)
K,
Such a cute story! I love it! And boy is Gretta a beauty. My goodness those eyes are incredible. Oh and by the way your last post on my wall made me miss you. I really miss chatting and forgot how much I enjoyed you.You seriously are so great! It has been way too long.
That is adorable...all of it!
That is so cute! Little Gretta is getting so big, and I really think that she is just beautiful! We should really get together and hash things out! That would be just too fun! I get really anxious about having another baby naturally too. We must discuss this :). Jen had a little boy named Kannon a week and a half after I had Sadie, so that was really fun. Anyway, I will email you my number and info and stuff. I have been meaning to do that, I just haven't yet. We should really get together or talk sometime...I mean it :). You are awesome!
i love this post! i also love that your hubby hauls all of these cute things around with him! that's awesome! the last line made me laugh hard, you're so funny1 :)
Thanks for sharing a little bit of your fairytale. This is seriously cute. I love it. Wish my husband laminated my #. :)
I thankful everyday that you found each other.
That is awesome! Loved this post!
Also loved this post, so dang cute.
I love it! He still has a bobby pin? That is true love.
I am so glad every day that shawn had the guts to talk to you and you had the sense to get on that Harley. just don't ever get on one again!!! love you both Mom
So cute! Glad dream boy found his girl.
I love this post!
Shawn is such a good guy!!
My heart did a little pitter patter after this post. So freakin' sweet that he has your number and Lex's bow laminated. And a bobby pin...seriously?!?!?! I am at a loss for words here. Can Shawn share an ounce of his romanticism with Jason? I think Jason has finally started remembering what day my birthday is;)
Post a Comment