Monday, May 10, 2010

Mommy Day

Mother's Day for me was absolutely wonderful. I am still smiling from ear to ear from all the pampering.
My day started at 9:30 with breakfast in bed (omelets, Oj, and toast), pictures, songs, and wet kisses. Blissful.
Shawn surprised me with the sweetest card and a gift I will treasure forever...a collector's set of the classics.
Can't even tell you how excited I am to dive into each and everyone of them. It's a plus that they're stinking adorable too. 
I know. He done gooood.
The kids and I were goofy with giddiness...or maybe I just was...but I am sure glad they joined in.


Getting up to head for church, when Roscoe took a gander at my new library...
tipped the whole thing over and broke the keepsake box. geesh. All of ten minutes of perfectness.
That's the way it goes around here though.
Church was wonderful. Every talk on motherhood of course, Lexi stood with the primary and belted out Mother Dear with her whole heart, pictures were colored for me, Roscoes hand prints given, gretta slept through Relief Society (never happens), and Lexi handmade me a bracelet in class (so sweet).

my treasures.

jumping off the porch.


and yes, I got flowers too.

My heart is full.
I truly didn't know life got this good.

Thank you little family of mine.
You sure made me feel special today. and everyday. 
I love you with all my life.

*Also, Loves to the two mothers in our life who continuously teach and inspire us. We love you so very much 
mom and terry. (click on names to read more about these amazing women)

7 comments:

Erin said...

great pictures! I love mother's day.

twede said...

Glad you had a such a nice Mother's Day! Your pictures are all adorable!

erica said...

yay for mothers day. all these pictures are so cute.

Janette said...

love the pictures.
being a mother is the best feeling and most rewarding. I'm glad it was a great day!
happy mothers Day! (late)

Terry said...

Happy Mothers Day. You are a wonderful mother of those beautiful grandchildren of mine and I do sooooo appreciate the fact that they are so taken care of. I see just the opposite sometimes where I teach and it breaks my heart. Thanks for mothering those children so well and being such a good wife to Shawn and an awesome daughter by marriage. I love you lots!

Lisa said...

Totally not related to your post, but I love your shoes! So cute :)

Burke family said...

Way cute pictures. And I LOVE your shoes too! Glad you had a great day. You definitely deserve it!