Seems like everywhere I go lately somebody is asking me the question:
"How are you holding up with three kids?"
mmmhhh. Depends on the day really. I have them divided into two categories:
(1) productive, happy, complete, and pretty stinkin awesome day: played like crazy, to do's done, teeth brushed (mine), laughed a lot, kids are fed, husband loved and feeling quite content.
(2) nobody bled today day: collapse into bed, hold back the tears, and literally think "atleast nobody bled kristin, atleast nobody bled..." before I pass out for the broken night of sleep.
Today would be in the latter category...well kind of...Roscoe has a black eye from falling on his dump truck and Lexi got a fat lip from stepping on a shovel while we were gardening. Dang.
Guess I need to come up with a third category..."nobody was hospitalized...??"
Motherhood can be brutal sometimes.
I've never worked so hard, slept so little, cried so much, laughed so often, and loved so unconditionally.
3 kids 4 and under...I am humbled with the job.
Good thing they are so worth it.
Feeling grateful that they are all snuggled safely in their beds and that nobody bled today...
profusely anyhow.
Incredibly behind on the blog. Not sure I'll ever catch up. I think it's time I join the hubby on the couch for a much needed foot rub...posts can wait for another day...and so can the sink full of dishes.
Happy Motherhood!


5 comments:
Hey, I had one of those days too. Except mine was an I'm so sick and so tired and my house is a stye and I want to cry and want a day off days. It was awesome. But gosh I am in love with my kids. here's hoping for a better tomorrow.
loved it! So true in so many ways. You are kind of starting to scare me about 3 but I guess there is no going back now huh? You are a great mom and you know it!
Love the post. I always wonder how three kids is, since 2 was so hard for me. I always think about how lucky I am for being able to have them. What a blessing.
That pic is so cute!
you are such a great mom..seriously!
Love this post, and of course the picture is beautiful. Three darlings!
All under 4 says it all:)
Post a Comment