Started potty training my little boy about 2 weeks ago.
I can't believe how easy it has been! I'm sure it's due to me holding him off.
Every time he would ask to go, I would tell him "no. not yet." I was dreading it.
Probably because Lexi's experience is too fresh and nearly made her an only child.
But a few weeks ago, after a particularly gaggy diaper moment, we decided it was time.
When I asked him what kind of undies he wanted: diego, spiderman, cars, nemo, etc.??
He responded, "green underwear mama!" awesome. I'm not a fan of characters on the unmentionables anyhow.
One package of plain whitey tighties and another full of greens.
Aw. he's such a cutie.
The Sticker Chart: one for pee and two for "brown stuff"
one line full and he gets to pick out of the toy basket (full of dollar store junk)
the whole thing full, all 49 boxes, and he gets to go to the store and pick the toy of his choice.
Skittles: same. one for pee. two for the other.
among the junk was a pair of goggles that he wore for hours on end.
We've only had a few accidents on the way to the potty.
It's really been a cinch. Only problem now is getting this kid to keep clothes on. He thinks he has to strip completely down to use the bathroom which has given some neighbors out on the porches some laughs. Really. He ran the whole block the other night with a pack of kids in tow screaming "Roscoe has to go to the Bathroom!" Geesh. Good thing were all friendly around here.
Sure proud of you Big Boy!!
side note: we have finished the potty chart. Toy of choice? A Kung Fu Panda sword with never ending ninja sounds and the button is pushed.
all. day. long.
enjoying it. :)


8 comments:
Nice! i'm hoping for one like that this time. :)
YES let's do this! Weekdays are pretty good for us or even saturdays. Let me know what day works for you and lets make a plan and see if our schedules will work. WE GOTTA DO THIS!
Kristin, i love reading your blog!
I'm starting to get into photography. More like a hobby... I haven't purchased photoshop but planning on it soon. I use this amazing website called piknik to edit a lot of my pictures. Sometimes I use Picasa too.
What a smart idea for rewards. Glad it's going well. We aren't there yet, but it is encouraging to hear other people's positive experiences.
I love it! I love the last picture! Priceless.
K so I am gonna steal your idea about the dollar toy stuff. I am glad that it went so easy! Hudson was a nightmare, literally i would have anxiety dreams! But it gives me hope, mabye my 2nd will go much smoother now that i have had some practice! Love your blog:)
"rost-a-co" as arden calls him, is amazing. what a cutie.
potty training is hell, i will need boy tips here in a few years!
SOOO cute! Love the pic of him and the goggles. Darling.
Post a Comment