How in the world can you be 3 today!? I swear it was just the other day that I was lugging you around in my arms all day everyday. And now here we are a few years later, and you are such an independent little bugger, always on the go. You have grown so much this past year that it is hard to believe, and I swear most the growing has been in the last couple of weeks thanks to potty training (which you have done awesome with btw). You're such a big boy and I am often wondering where in the world my baby boy went? Time truly flies for mothers. I think I write these birthday letters more for me than anybody, so that I can hang on to some of the little memories and quirks I'm always afraid I'll forget. So here we go, favorite boy, what I want you (and me) to remember about your year from 2-3...You are the funniest kid. You have the best sense of humor and we are always cracking up over you. You love to make your family laugh. One of our favorite past times is you and Lexi putting on a play for our entertainment. It usually ends in a sword fight with your blankies and every time Lexi strikes you, you dramatize dying (not sure where you've seen this) swaying, clutching your heart, stumbling all over the place, and groaning until you hit the floor with a thud. It is so funny, and the rest of us collapse on the ground laughing our guts out. You never break character though, just ly there as still as can be. It's the best.
The other day, I was walking with you delivering invitations when you broke out in song
"Pants on the ground. Pants on the ground. Looking like a fool with your pants on the ground!"
I laughed so hard along with some of the neighbors outside and you just stood there as proud as can be with your snaggle toothed grin that you had done something funny.
You are such a natural athlete. You love basketball and are constantly begging everyone to shoot hoops with you. You love balls of every kind. Always kicking, bouncing, throwing, shooting, and tackling. We're usually pretty amazed at how far you can make a basket and we love testing it further and further.
You are getting more social and playing with friends. You love playing at tyler's and Harlan's house. This whole morning we've been getting ready for your "Diego" birthday party this afternoon. You are so excited to take your buddies on a rescue mission. It is so cute watching you play and do boy things with your pals.
Whenever somebody asks you how old you are, you respond "I'm good."
You are such a dare devil, and it kills me! Just like your daddy...you're fearless! Always jumping off anything and going as fast as you can. The other day, on a walk, daddy told you to jump the curb with your big wheel (thinking you wouldn't). You went hauling as fast as you could and jumped the curb. I am so anxious for your teen years and some unavoidable ER trips. Please be careful bub.
You are a terrible sleeper. Drives daddy and I crazy. We have finally done away with naps, because we thought it would help night time be a little easier. nope. You are constantly sneaking out of your bed, asking for water, bugging lexi, throwing toys down the stairs, creeping down the stairs, wanting to cuddle, screaming, laughing, playing with your train, etc. Not sure what to do. I feel like we have tried everything, but nothing has worked. You seriously have no currency. When I get desperate and try to take away friend time, TV time, favorite toys, etc. you don't even seem to care. Hopefully this new year, things will get better. Oh yes, and you still have to have a minky blankie to sleep with.
When you want Lexi to do something and she refuses, you always tell her "Mickey Mouse gonna be mad at you Lex!" Gets me every time. :)
You love your sisters and are always playing with them. In fact, as I write this you and Lexi are playing puppies in the family room. You make a house for her ripping all the cushions off the couch and bring her food and water. Nothing makes me more happy than to watch you love on your sissies.
You are such a sweet boy. You have the biggest heart and are so concerned when someone is sad. You love to cuddle and will give unlimited amounts of kisses...though you usually end up spitting in my face, because you think it's funny. I can often tell when you are having a hard day that you need some loves. We just sit on the couch and cuddle until you've had your feel (and I've had mine).
You are always NAKED. Seriously, kid. I'm not sure what to do. It has gotten worse since potty training. You live in your whitey tighties (adorable) and are always walking outside with no clothes on. The neighbors have gotten use to seeing your little bum all over the place and the other day I was so embarrassed to find you down the street at Harlan's without pants on. Hoping you outgrow this too, so I don't have an exhibitionist on my hands. :)
You are always saying "I never..." in the most whiney voice imaginable explaining what a hard knock life you have. If we are putting you to bed..."I never get to wake up. I never do!" If we forbid you having a sucker in the morning...."I never eat candy for breakfast. I never do!" or if we tell you that it's time to come in side for dinner..."I never get to go outside. I never do!" All day long. You are so dramatic when you say it too...makes me laugh.
Your two favorite people in the world are #1 Daddy and #2 Grammy. You are also the easiest for them. I guess I have to accept #3.
You have the best voice in the world. So raspy. So cute. You talk so loud and get very frustrated if we can't understand you. Good thing we have Lexi around to always translate. You are always belting out your ABC's or yelling for someone to watch your "cool trick"
You are a vegetarian. You will not eat meat of any kind. Your favorite foods are suckers (fantastic) and moat mo (oatmeal).
You love the water. Again, just like your daddy. You'll try anything the big kids will do which makes me crazy at the pools. Always trying to dive and jump off anything. We've caught you trying to take off your floaties quite a few times in the deep end. Sometimes Daddy and I will let you practice swimming back and forth to us without them on. You will just take off under water...sinking more than swimming...and you love it. You have absolutely no fear, and I am betting we will have a swimmer on our hands by the end of the summer.
You have a problem with hitting. still. dang.
You're guests are starting to arrive, so I better close this letter birthday boy. Just know that I think you are the cutest boy in this world. No one can bring my spirits up faster than you can. You are always running into my room to tell me something exciting and I just smile looking at those clear blue eyes, shaggy blonde head, and big grin of yours. Daddy and I love you with our whole hearts, and I will forever be grateful for my little Rockstar. Being 3 rocks. Live it up!


2 comments:
Can't see the posts until I come to school because our internet is sooo slow loading (all day for Picture) so fun to see all the new pictures and posts. I love those kids so much. Happy Birthday Roscoe.
June 19th is my son's bday too. What a great day. Roscoe is such a cutie. I had fun playing with him today. You have the cutest kids ever!
Post a Comment