Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Payson Lakes: part 3

Celebrated Trav's birthday the night of the 2nd with a homemade pinata...
which happens to be the hat he is wearing in the pic. Can't believe he's 7!
Roscoe played in the fire pit. I swear I have similar pics to these from last year. 
The kid is attracted to filth like a magnet.

Woke up early the next morning (snug in a bed) to a message from our neighbor 
that someone had driven through our fence back home. freak. 
This cut the trip short seeming how Shawn put the thing up with his bear hands. 
He was anxious to get back home to say the least. 
We did manage to squeeze in a hike led by Trent. It was about a 40 miler...
drive that is...the hike was about 10 steps. haha trent. 
We loved giving him a hard time about it. 
The destination was beautiful. Red rock makes my St. George heart happy.


Despite the bagillion (yes. i counted.) signs warning that we were in Black Bear Country, we didn't see a one. 
Shawn and I looked hard too on our 40 mile drive to the 10 step hike, but there was nothing. darn.
There was a pretty cute blue one though.
little kole.
There was, however, a bagillion (again. i counted.) suicidal cows on the road. 
Seriously. These things wouldn't move for anything and they were all over.
Pulled in around 3pm to our welcome home present.
this isn't even all of it.
classic hit and run. awesome.
Cops have been called.
Thinking the case will be closed soon. 
I'm pretty sure it's their top file...should be.

good news minute: Our sweet neighbor ditched part of church and put most of the fence back together for us on Sunday. What a man. Made our day! 
Cookies are on the way. and a green jell-0 salad. :)

4 comments:

*/ Jillian said...

you so can't call yourself a camper if you went back to town to sleep! looks like a fun weekend though. Sorry about your fence people are such wieners!

Kit said...

Haha Jill. I love that you just said wiener on my blog.

this is why we're friends. :)

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

dude green jello? hit me baby!

k and also what was the name of your midwife??

Sam and Lacey said...

So fun! I can't believe I have never been to payson lakes. I agree with Jillian. Camper? The fence part is a bummer. Any luck with finding out who it was?