You heard me right.
Move on over wedding day, because today just might have topped out.
Why?
Because of these.
three.
beauties.
okay, okay. So they're not much to look at...
(especially that lumpy one on the left)
but in my eyes they are breathtaking.
You see....me and bread go way back. We've had a very rocky relationship.
I do okay with my zucchini's and banana's, but anything that requires yeast, kneading, and rising is a different story.
pizza crust? tried it. could have played frisbee with that hard as a rock circle.
Julie's famous fluffy scrumptious bread sticks? attempted 3 times. "Impossible to ruin Kristin." Um...apparently not. Unless they're suppose to be flat and crumble to the touch?
rolls? Haven't tried exactly, because after I bought the frozen Rhoads ones, that again my mom swore "you can't ruin." which I did, I decided they were out of the question.
But bread is the ultimate disaster for me.
I have made several attempts, but it never ever turns out.
And really usually ends up with a lot of muttered obscenities and a family trip to the nearest In-N-Out.
So unless Unleavened bread was making a comeback,
I decided that I was done with my "kitchen smells like a bakery" dream for good.
Until today...
I came across a recipe that said fool proof on Allrecipes.com
I spent 3 hours following everything exactly (even punching the bread down after the first rise! Who does that!?...okay maybe you all do..), said a lot of prayers, and forbid my kids to touch a thing.
Well, come 2:25 this afternoon...the patten home was turned into a hootin hollerin cryin dancin
bakery!
Smeared some butter and honey on it and served my kids some fresh homemade slices.
I know. Mother of the year award headed my way.
Seriously. Hand it over.
So scrumptious!
And did I mention that it is 100% whole wheat!?
Booyeah!!
I am dying for Shawn to come home.
He is going to be so super duper impressed with his wifey!
Happy Monday!
p.s. thanks mom for answering your phone every 15 minutes to give me a pep talk.
*don't forget I'm going private. click here and add your info if you want to keep reading.


17 comments:
Good job! I have another super easy recipe that even I can do. I had the same battle with bread. If you want it let me know.
Love home made bread!! I try and try and try but I'm usually disappointed with my attempts. Well done.
I can do rolls, but bread is a hard one to master. Looks like you figured it out. Makes me want to try again.
Ok, that's great and I'm super proud of you but where's the recipe. Did I miss it? :)
I'm sosooooo proud of you
I am so proud of you! The bread looks awesome! You must have not known that I am the breadman(girl) and have THEEE best-est, yummy-est, easy-est whole wheat bread recipe ever! Call me!
I have the same relationship with bread. I don't believe I could even succeed at this "fool proof" recipe! I want to keep following your blog too....
fishmeli@isu.edu
The bread was so good and tasted amazing. I am super duper impressed!
Hey..love looking at your blog and all that your little adventures:) please add me...laurabharris@gmail.com
domestic godessssssssss!!! love it...now
teach me!
Funniest post ever. Bread is hard to do! Way to stick with it! Nothing is better than the smell of home baked bread! And props for the whole wheat....I would eat it :)!!!
yum. send the recipe my way.
recipe? ? ?
I so had the same problem, I think yeast is finally okay with me and has started to work out for me. I want the recipe for sure because it looks fluffy and I can never get it fluffy without some white flour. I am seriously impressed, especially because your counter is clean and you just made bread :)
awesome job! bread is just one of those things that seem so impossible. i need to share some info about a recipe i have that turns out amazing every time...you can make anything with it. our fave is cinnamon rolls and breadsticks. it makes amazing pizza dough too. your such a domestic goddess love it. ps i'm not working, its weird and i feel just as busy. crazy!
you know why your bread turned out this time don't you????
It has to be your new white MARTHA kitchen. You were right...you can cook like Martha if you have an awesome kitchen!
Good work...now i'm craving homemade wheat bread. I'll have to head to great harvest though, cuz my bread-making skills are horrid!
This sounds delicious! Now I'm totally hungry...mmm
And the last pic is adorable! Love that smile:)
Post a Comment