The kiddos started school last week. They were so excited! I swear we could have shown up there at 6:45 am. The moment Roscoe woke up, he put his backpack on and refused to take it off. Walked all over the house in nothing but the pack and his undies. I kept finding random things shoved in his bag too. Things like his trains and a diaper in his pencil box "for baby gretta." Of course.
I am so happy that we made the decision to hold Lexi back a year. She was jumping up and down to start preschool. It helps that they have the best teacher around too.
Sorry for all the pics. I swear it could have been much worse. Every one I snapped turned out darling, and I am too proud of a mama to narrow them down much more than this.
Check out my munchkins.
this one is so him!
And he's back.
Said he had such a fun time.
Couldn't remember what he learned about.
possibly that "School is Cool?"
Good grief!
Where does this kid come from!?
Such a boy.
at least we have one civilized one around here.
Thanks Miss Kindra!
First day was a success.
And just a side note...for my memory...A week before we started, Miss Kindra brought over a pre-K evaluation to see where each kid was "at" I had to point at each letter and ask the kids what it was and circle the letter if it took them longer than 5 seconds to answer. Lex went first and of course passed with flying colors (mind you I was a crazy mom and did "school" with her when she was 15 months old). Roscoe went next...
me: what's this? (pointing to an n)
Roscoe: "um...tunnel!"
me: this? (pointing to an "r")
R: "um........tunnel!"
me: this? (pointing to an m)
R: "um................two tunnels!!"
freak. poor kid. He has total second child syndrome.
Love him.
And for the record, I aint worried one bit. The kid is as smart as they come.
*don't forget I'm going private. click here and add your info if you want to keep reading.


10 comments:
too cute! they are growing up SOOO fast! love all the past post of gretta and the kitchen (looks amazing!! love it)
holy updates! yay! :)
i cannot believe how old roscoe looks in these pictures...seriously, he was just a little kid not very long ago.
and gretta already nine months? freak.
your kitchen looks amazing - i must see it in real life.
...trying to think of what else i missed....??
fun getaway with your mom! i need one of those :) ha.
Cute Cute Cute! That's funny about the second child thing cause that's how it is with my kids. The first one gets a lot of learning time.
Gosh your kids are cute. Lexi of course is a beauty, but that little Rockstar has my heart!
I laughed for a good 5 mins at Roscoes bit.. Seriously can relate to it. Cute kids! Love the first of school.
Oh my goodness. Where has the time gone. The pictures of Roscoe were halarious as usual. Lexie is so beautiful and smart. roscoe a doll and he tickles me to death.
love that lexi rocked a tu-tu for the first day.
oh, and the diaper in the backpack...sereously lets arrange a marrage between our kids :)
So fun. Nic has that same shirt. You will have to bring it down when you come next time and we can take pictures in it. I know that you made the right decision with lexi and school. You will love having them so close. can't wait to see you.
Roscoe's tunnel answers cracked me up! Cute kids!
My little girl has 2nd child syndrome, plus she's six months younger than he was, plus she has a hard name to learn how to write. The odds are def. against her!!
Post a Comment