Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vegas

Shawn surprised me for our anniversary and planned a stay at the Renaissance in Las Vegas. He wouldn't tell me the place we were staying or what we were doing, but kept dropping hints that it had some sentimental value. I can't believe I didn't guess this place. Early in our marriage we stayed here quite a bit and loved it. The first time we stayed was a trip we took with his mom and Duane. It was back in 2005 right after Shawn got diagnosed with cancer. He was going thru radiation treatments and I was in my first trimester pregnant with Lex. We had both been super sick for a few months and planned this trip to get away from everything. We had a ball and ate at the Mandalay Bay Buffet that night gorging ourselves on crab legs and all you can eat everything. I swear we had over 12 plates of food that night. Duane and Terry stopped at about 3 and just sat back and watched us for entertainment. Terry was cheering us on, because she hadn't seen us eat for so long. Amazingly, neither of us threw up that night. It was perfect.
Here's little us back in January of 2005.

And here we are almost 6 years later.
The beds are so comfy here. I'm guessing the gazillion pillows have something to do with it.
We rested for a while and then started to get all dolled up for a night out.
All ready. 
Shawn made me.

Again, Shawn made me. :)
Why change what works?? We headed to the Mandalay Bay Buffet for their plethora of yummy food...especially the crab legs. Yumm.


Gretta was refusing to eat anything except for Ice Cream. Little Stinker.

Enough with the paparazzi!
Hot tubbing at the hotel.


 We headed back to the room to hang out and enjoy a night in. 
(I know we're a disgrace to Vegas, but I'm a home body no matter where I am.)
I had my little new point and shoot along, so I made Shawn snap a gazillion pics with me to test it out. Ha! What a sport he is!
(he's gonna kill me for some of these).
This one just cracks me up. Looks like we're on a roller coaster dontcha think?
We crashed kind of early. I wasn't feeling so hot, and I was regretting all the crab legs.
Gretta woke up at midnight and scrame until 3 am!! Darn it. We were so tired, and I was starting to feel really sick. We finally got her back to sleep for the night.
In the morning Shawn took her around the hotel, so I could get some more sleep.
I was really feeling crummy. There was an upside though. Apparently when you book using Dennis Patten's name at the Renaissance you're special enough to get free breakfast.
It was so yummy and fresh I just had to take a picture...though it doesn't do it justice.
After breakfast I kept trying to get ready, but my body ached and felt so heavy. I could barely move. We had a day of shopping planned, but instead I ended up laying around until about 2.

Finally I managed to get going and we headed home.
I slept the whole way home and probably wasn't much company to poor Shawn, but it was so needed.
All in all, It was a pretty fun trip and I am so glad that Shawn put something special together for us. It was so sweet and we really had a good time for most of it...
Next time I'm hoping we can leave little skunk at home.

*That night I slept for about 14 hours and felt fine the next day. Still not sure if I had some sort of bug or if it was just exhaustion from everything. Either way, I'm so glad it was only a 24 hour thing.

2 comments:

erica said...

gretta is my kind of girl in just wanting ice cream. i'm not so sure about crab legs...?

Terry said...

Just ;pved having all the parties and playing during Christmas with everybody. Favorite pict. the kids in the tub