I love this picture of our first meeting. It takes me back to all that I was feeling that day: incredibly humbled, grateful, honored, awe struck, inadequate, and mostly overcome with an overwhelming love that I had never known to exist. It was like the minute I held you in my arms I felt a change in every cell within my body...I was a mother now...there was no turning back...and like any mother, I knew that I would give anything for you and that nothing could ever change that. I had this beautiful little girl and I was going to give it my all in raising her...And now here we are 4 years later. It has gone way too fast, but I feel like I have loved and cherished every minute (maybe not the first 4 colicky months-them were bad).I love watching you grow, and the past year has been so much fun with you. You teach me everyday with all the wonderful innate qualities and attributes you seem to have. I am always struck with the thought that I want to be just like you when I grow up. :)
I hope this letter will remind us of what our little princess was like at the beautiful age of 3-4.
You literally light up a room when you walk in. I have had so many tell me this, and it never ceases to amaze me how quickly you can sense that someone needs to be cheered up with a hug or some kind words. You have such a wonderful energy about you. It really is contagious. And I cannot think of a better way to describe the way you make people feel other than filled with joy.
You are very in tuned and observant to all that is around you. You have been like this since birth. You don't miss anything, and you have the world's best memory. We are always shocked by the things, people, places, and events that you will remember from a year or two ago. I find myself really watching what I do and say, because who knows where I will be when you will bring it up.
You LOVE T.V.!! It is crazy how glued you get to that blasted tube. Again, this has been since birth. I have to be so CAREFUL what you watch on TV (again so observant). No Spongebob or Shrek for you. You don't seem to mind. You are perfectly content with Backyardigans and Between the Lions. You LOVE movies and would choose watching one over any other activity. In fact today you could choose anything to do (within Sunday standards) and you chose watching Sound of Music over walking up to the Lake Park (okay neither of those are really within Sunday standards, but it was your birthday). At the moment, you are in your fancy "gee-gown" and singing at the top of your lungs with daddy, "Doe a Deer a Female Deer, Ray a drop of golden Sun, Me a name I call myself...." Awesome.
You are OBSESSED with Princesses, and I drag you around everywhere decked out in sparkly dresses and necklaces. You are about as girlie as they come, and I love it!
You love primary. You sit on your teachers laps every single Sunday for the whole hour and sing your little heart out. I am jealous because daddy gets to watch you and he says that you always look back to wave or blow a little kiss.
You love Family Home Evening and help me prepare the lesson every Monday after your nap.
Speaking of naps...you don't really take one, but you still go down for one every single day. I have never budged and you have never figured out that you are probably in a little more control than you think. You come out of your room every half hour to yell down at me "mommy is it wake up time?" Which I of course answer "no." and you simply say "ok" as you head back to your room. It cracks me up that this is our daily routine and you actually stay put for the full 2 hours. You might be ticked when you see how it goes down with the Rockstar. I don't think he will be nearly as compliant and it might be an easy fight that he wins. Just know that I am so grateful for that little break you give me.
You won't let daddy tuck you in. You are such a mama's girl. I love it! Every night we sing, read books, and cuddle. You beg me to read you the scriptures. You have one of my old sets from college that you have taken claim over (you have to bring them to church every sunday). It is so funny to me how you love to open them and pick out random verses. I love our little 3 year old talks about the gospel. Just the beautiful basics.
You are a night owl. You love to stay up. We have mommy daughter sleepover's whenever daddy is out of town and you can stay up til 1:30 in the morning easily. Daddy and I are always amazed when we get in bed and can still here little feet puttering around upstairs at midnight.
You always say out of the blue "mommy you are the best mommy in the whole world!" It melts my heart and for a split second I actually see myself through your perfect little eyes...great self esteem booster.
You are really sensitive. I lose sleep over how quickly and deeply your feelings can be hurt. It reminds me too much of myself. I want you to be stronger and always see how amazing and beautiful you are and never let anyone or anything mess with that. I don't want the world to change one ounce of you. I love your innocence and love for goodness.
You go garage selling every Saturday morning with me. We have so much fun together digging through other people's junk. I always end up spending too much money, because you fall in love with some little knick knack at every house we hit.
There is no one else I would rather be with than you. I know that it goes against every psych book out there, but you are my best little friend around. We have so much fun together, and I don't plan on changing a thing. I am definitely your mommy first, but I think we will always be good little friends (hoping).
You are little miss popular. Everyday there are little knocks on the door asking if Lexi can play. You are so kind to your friends and you love to be social. You have a best little neighbor friend named Gennovah. You two are together from the moment you wake up til dinner time. One day her mommy even called me at 7:30 am to inform me that you had showed up a half hour earlier in your jammies to see if Gennovah could play. She sent you back home and gave me a call a little later to inform me. We had no idea that you had snuck out the house and across the street. A little lecture had you promising not to do it again.
Your laugh HAS TO BE the best sound in the whole world! It is the cutest little giggle and always makes me smile. You laugh so easily and are always so happy.
You are so wonderful to your little brother. We have NEVER had any issues with you two. You just loved him from the start and never struggled with sharing us. He adores you and nothing warms my heart more than to hear you stick up for him when one of your friends isn't being nice. "Hey that's my brother!!" You two are always hugging, laughing, playing, singing, wrestling, and cuddling.
Your favorite food is Quesadillas. Favorite restaurant is Cafe Rio. You LOVE candy. Favorite color pink pink pink.
You love to bake and own more aprons than I do. You help with dinner every night.
You are a good little natural dancer, but you want to do gymnastics this next year.
You are in a whining stage that can drive us all crazy! Some days you have to spend a lot of time in the laundry room because at our house it's okay to whine, but only where people can't hear you. You hate that room, and I am hoping this stage will pass quickly.
You are so smart. I know that every mother says this, but really, I am blown away with how quickly you can pick up on things. You practice reading with daddy and are doing great at sounding out small words.
You have the greatest little sense of humor and are always cracking us up with your little jokes and mannerisms. You love telling knock knock jokes and making funny faces.
You are always pretending to be sick and saying you have a fever so you can get some attention and "tea" (warmed up apple juice). I always respond by saying "oh shoot I guess that means we can't be playing with friends today." You quickly respond "oh mommy it's just a teeny tiny fever," while holding up two fingers pinched together.
You love all your cousins and have sleepovers with them all the time. You have your Uncle Chaud wrapped around your little finger and practically bat your eyelashes at him when you ask if you can stay the night with Kaylee and Tayson. You are surrounded by so many who love and adore you. You are one lucky little gal to have the grandparents, cousins, aunts and Uncles you have.
You love to bowl and are actually pretty darn amazing at it. Last night daddy took you out on a date to go bowling. You won him, and he said he was trying pretty hard to win.
You are beautiful. Really. We are blown away with how pretty you are and definitely nervous for the sure to be brutal teenage years. Daddy and I will always watch you walk away from us and one of us will say how gorgeous your little face is. I love that blonde hair and those pretty blue eyes. And you are just as beautiful on the inside.
You are so inquisitive. Always asking questions about why or how something works.
You have such a great imagination. You can play for hours on the floor talking to yourself and your little toys.
You sleep with your stinky bunny every night. Arrrgh. I don't think I will ever be able to throw that thing away. Everytime you get sick daddy blames it on poor bunny.
You love to help daddy work in the yard. You have your own little shovel and pink barbie gloves that you have to have on anytime you "work."
You are such a good girl. So easy to be around.
You have such a special bond with your daddy. He has to be the best daddy in the world for a little girl. He absolutely adores everything about you. He loves taking you out on special little dates just the two of you. Every night after I tuck you in, you call for your daddy to have some special time. You can't go to sleep until he sings "You are my Sunshine" a few dozen times. You are always running up to throw your arms around him and tell him how much you love him. He loves to get down and play with you and Roscoe. He is never too tired to spend some time with his little gal. I am so grateful that you have such a daddy who will always cherish you and be there for you.
Lexi I truly could go on and on. You are such an amazing little girl. I thank my Heavenly Father every night for sending me such a wonderful and beautiful little spirit. I am excited to raise you, and watch you grow into the incredible woman that I know that you will become. I feel so blessed to have you. I love you Baby.
Love,
Mommy


16 comments:
Adorable! Seriously. It was long but worth every word. I truly agree. We really love Lexi. She is a doll and such a joy to be around. We hope we can hang out together this week or weekend. I tried to call yesterday. Give me a call when you get a chance. Hope to see you soon. Lexi thanks for being such a good friend to Ali. We hope you always stay friends or sisters.;)
You are always so good with your words! that was really sweet. Being a mom is the best thing in the world. Lexi is so beautiful
happy birthday lex. we love you!
you are such a great mom...lexi is lucky to have such amazing parents! She is absolutely beautiful. What a sweet letter that she will always cherish. It made me cry...Happy Birthday Lexi!
That was such a touching letter! Do you mind if I copy and paste it for Liv's four year birthday? haha. . . but seriously?
Kristin, she really is so gorgeous- and in your last couple of posts I didn't even recognize Roscoe- he is all of a sudden growing up! I decided you are super lucky to have a husband who actually takes pics with you in them. My kids look like they were raised by a single father! So I have a weird story for you. I noticed you have the krazy coupon lady link on you blog and I have no idea how attached you are to that. I used to think it was so cool that you had it because it was actually my cousin in Boise who thought of starting it. But I recently learned that the woman she partnered with is taking all of the money earned from it and there is a huge lawsuit going on just to get my cousin her half. She recently started her own called discount queens- if you're interested. LIke I said, I don't know how attached you are to the other or if maybe you know someone involved, but I though I would just get my cousin's new site out there to help her out:)
Okay I'll be honest, I didn't have time to read that whole post. What I did read(which I felt like was a lot, apparently not) was really sweet and reminded me of Lily.
Lexi is such a sweet little girl!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEXI!!
I can't believe she snuck out and went to the neighbors! I would've freaked!
I loved this post. So sweet and something she will treasure. You are such a great mom.
happy birthday lexi
what a cute mom you are to write lexi such a sweet letter. She is an amazing girl
So sweet, she sounds just like her mom. Beautiful post, very touching! Sounds like you have a close to perfect little angel. Hope you are feeling well.
Seriously one of the sweetest things I have ever read. I loved it. What a little cutie!!
I think you have the cutest kids, family, and blog postings. Oh yeah and your little pregnant belly is adorable!!
LOVED IT!! She sounds so dang fun and you are a great little mommy. I love your tribute posts. PS I can't believe you have a 4 year old. Crazy!
Is She just the most beautiful little princess. I love her so much it hurts, and I love her amazing Mama also. Lexi, you are truly, madly and deeply loved by everyone who knows you. Happy Birthday Sweetie Pie. Love, Grandma Debbie
so amazing! can I tell you things about parks and you can write her a letter for me? that would be awesome thanks!
Kristin, you are such a great mom to write such sweet words to your little girl that she will cherish for years to come.
It was so good to see you last month. You brightened my week--really. I was starting to get a little bummed out and then I ran into you and I was inspired by your simple happiness and it made me want to be too. Thanks for your sweet beautiful self!
Post a Comment