Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday

Went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication today. 
Amazing experience. 
Love that President Monson and all those great men who serve with him.
Loving that beautiful temple.
Can't wait to be inside it.
So grateful we live close enough to walk.























Shawn starts school tomorrow. Boo.
We are both trying not to cry about it.
Summer went by way too fast.
We have had so much fun together and could use another month of playing.
Love having that man home.
So not ready for all the craziness of Architecture school. Blah.
Praying this year won't be as bad, but just in case, please call (lots) to hang.
Really.

Ate a big stroganoff dinner tonight (one of Shawn's favorites).
I couldn't help but healthify it and add tons of spinach.
Kind of ruined the dish and my theory that spinach is tasteless in everything.
Roscoe wouldn't touch it.
Shawn ate 2 plates like a good little husband, but asked if next time I could resist the urge.
He doesn't like his main course green.
Weird.

I made smoothies afterwards to try to redeem myself.
I did.
No spinach this time.
We sat on the porch to have a family meeting.
Made some family goals for the new year.
Watched an awesome rainstorm and went for our nightly walk.

Had ourselves some family scripture study and prayer.
One of our goals.
Kids did great.
They are tucked in now.
Shawn had to cuddle with Roscoe for a while.
Thinking he knows that his little world is about to change.
The kid is his Daddy's shadow.
Tomorrow might be a hard day....

Better not waste anymore time on here.
Shawn is challenging me to another game of chess.
Totally killed him in the first round. 
Not afraid to do it again.
Thinking we will stay up late and enjoy our last night of summer. sniff.

6 comments:

Janette said...

I wish we lived closer because I would totally hang with you guys.

Amy said...

Thanks for letting us know that spinach doesn't always work. Someone had to learn the hard way :) Now the rest of us won't make the same mistake.

I wish we could hang out. Hope the first day went well (as well as the rest of the year). Call me. We could chat.

Haven't forgotten about the bracelet you never got.

Burke family said...

I'm feeling your pain... husband is back to school and we're not seeing him much either. So we're in Ithaca going to Cornell business school... it's about 3 hours north of the city, 1 hour to Palmyra and within 5-6 hours of all of the cool New England cities. We can't wait to go exploring everything and love having an adventure with just our little family out here!

*/ Jillian said...

I'm sure you last night was a fun one! ;) thanks for coming to visit! we loved having you here.

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

Love the family picture on the porch. classic:)
and now i want stroganoffffffff....minus the spinach. but good call on being deceptive. hows that kid a cookin? bet your super healthy.

carrie said...

You have the cutest Family!