Monday, August 24, 2009

Papa Duane

Just a few things we love and appreciate about our papa Duane:
  • His sense of humor. really. I can't count how many times I have laughed until my sides hurt with his witty little comments.
  • The way he quitely teaches how to live a happy rewarding life.
  • His example of humility, hardwork, kindness, charity, love, and faith.
  • His patience.
  • He is never too tired to get down and play with all his grandkids, and he will risk hurting his back to do so time and time again. 
  • He is clean. I use to think it was Terry, but over the years I have learned that Duane likes, no loves, a clean spotless home. Can't tell you how many times my kiddos have destroyed it and there is never a complaint.
  • He loves his kids and grandkids! He is always talking about all of his family and traveling all over to visit everyone. We are so grateful that they share him with us. thank you.
  • His example of quite little service. I don't think I have ever met a man who serves so much without any need for notice or recognition. 
  • His funny sayings.
  • He is a friend to all. I would be SHOCKED to meet anyone who ever had a problem with him. It would definitely be their problem.
  • He keeps on top of the news and gave Shawn and I a love for The Oreilly Factor.  Definite patriot! :)
  • He is honest.
  • He gets so frustrated with anything electronic. Can't quite figure out the TV half the time. He likes a simpler life. Makes us laugh.
  • He enjoys a good meal and has taught us that a little drizzle of sweetened condensed milk really does make everything taste delightful. (not really)
  • He is a loving husband. Rubs Terry's back every night. 
  • He does beautiful yard work, appreciates beauty, and grows a mean garden.
  • He always has a smile on his face and answers the phone more cheerfully than anybody I have ever known. He truly brightens your day without even realizing it. I can't help but smile around him.
  • He is not only kind to strangers, but friendly. He leaves people better than they were five minutes ago.
  • He likes to work, or at least I think so, because he is always in the yard, at the apartments, helping a neighbor, or fixing something. 
  • He is a convert and has an amazing testimony. I am not sure if I have heard it verbally, but I see it anytime I am around him. He lives a christlike life and has such a genuine love about him. I don't think he realizes what an amazing teacher he is to all who know him.
  • Kids adore him. He is still one at heart.
  • He holds onto things that have meaning to him. I would love to sit with him and go through all of his precious "knick knacks" to hear the stories and memories. 
  • He loves to travel and appreciates the finer things in life. Like a good solid meal from chuck-a-rama. :)
  • He is one great papa, dad, brother, leader, and friend!
So grateful to have you in our lives Duane. I really could go on and on. Sure hope you know how much we all love you!
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Sonny said...

Thank you so much Duane for being such an amazing man. Hope you have a happy birthday. We all love you so much.

Debbie Joy said...

Happy birthday Duane. We totally agree with everything Kristin has said. You are such a wonderful example of genuine love and service. Have a great Day!!!

Chaud and Debbie

Ashlee said...

All of this is SO SO true. Such a great man. I am grateful to have him in my life!

just shan said...

He is all of those things. This brought a tear to realize that others see these things in my dad too.

-Kristin, it was so good to meet you and get to know you a little and your gorgeous kids. Grace is in love. I hope we get to spend more time with you soon. <3