Tuesday, November 24, 2009

forty




























getting lazy about these pics.
had to drag shawn out to snap one before i headed to my appt.
not sure what the rockstar is doing with my leg. funny kid.



still here.
in shock about it really.
probably because since 37 weeks my midwife told me i wouldn't make it through the weekend.
proven wrong x 3.
fine with the little beauty baking a little longer,
just don't want to be induced.
midwife says she will give me another week.
freak.
hopefully it won't go down like that.
any pointers on how to get things a going??

dilated to a "tight 4"
pretty sure that is OB language saying not much has changed.
dang.

got a non stress test done.
guess i am measuring a little small.
baby is dandy.
nurse asked me if i normally "contract this much?"
yes.
all. the. time.

mom & dad are headed down for turkey day.
plan was for mom to stay for a week to help with baby.
maybe we will just do a lot of shopping. :)
sounds good.
Happy Thanksgiving!!

14 comments:

Sam and Lacey said...

GEt her here. I say try everything and anything. If I was there I would bring you stuff. I would try the kiwi thing, blue kanosh, trampoline jumping. I need here to come so I can see her while I am there. I know I am selfesh(sp?). oh well. Tonight is the night. I told Ava to make it happend. Okay, I admit I told her to let it happened when it supposed to but I did add that today would be perfect. I can just imagine them up there having a ball.Playing dress up, tea parties, all the goods. Heck, now I am thinking of it. Maybe she needs to stay a little longer to play and keep her company. I just hope she makes it here healthy and happy. Can't wait to see her.

brit said...

in this order:
take a long, hard walk
eat pineapple
have sex
take a warm bath with candles
rub your nipples

then name the little tyke after me cause i promise this formula will work!

actually, dont name her after me cause she'll hate you....

good luck!

Stefanie said...

Good luck! No advice from me since mine always come late. I hope next time I check your blog there will be pics. of your precious baby!

Dana said...

Your midwife wants to induce, that's unusual. You are so so close and I bet it is coming so soon. Ah, It's so close for you I know it. It could start in 10 minutes, you really never know, progression since last visit or not. YOu can make it, I know you can!!!! Just forget about dates and dilation, she's coming soon! Good luck!

Rach said...

Good grief woman! I hope she comes soon...you are wonder woman! She have a name yet?

Janette said...

Wahoo! I can't believe she's almost here. You look awesome as usual. As for tricks on getting things moving I think it just depends on your body because NONE of those things worked for me. I was induced with Both kiddos. We our so excited for you guys! Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

You are still knocked up???!!! Sheesh, get this girl here! Do what brit said, I like her style.
GOOD LUCK with everything. It's crazy to think it really could be any time. I think about you all the time, keep me updated. MUAH.

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

thought for sure you had gone already! i caled you to invite you to dinner with beck anna and i, on saturday...and just figured you were on a hospital bed screaming:)
my only advice is be patient.

Stacy said...

If you get desperate drink Castor Oil. I mixed half a cup of that with half a cup of milk. I was in Labor 3 hours later. It tasted pretty nasty. But I believe it worked. I was dilated at a 3 for three weeks. Good Luck! You look great!

Amy said...

You could try eating spicy or greasy foods (anything that will irritate the bowels) Or castor oil mixed with some OJ. It is disgusting. Those things can work if she is ready to come. Can't wait to see her!

The Colvins said...

Kristin, are those regular (non pregnancy) jeans?? Seriously! Only you could make it to 40 weeks still wearing normal jeans!! Good luck--I hope she comes soon--can't wait to see pics of your sweet kiddo!

Jodi Rae said...

I was 5 days late with Tate...feel your pain. I tried a lot of things, and he just came when he was ready! Don't risk anything, she will pop out when she is done (like a turkey...haha) Sorry, lame Thanksgiving joke. Good luck!!!!!

Terry said...

Hope that baby comes sooooon!

carrie said...

Tomorrow is the big day, right? I can hardly stand it! I still have 58 days (who's counting?) and I am starting to go nuts! I have no patience when it comes to having babies, I get way too excited to see who/what they look like. Good luck sista! You look adorable as usual!