I had the most amazing view outside my kitchen window this afternoon...
My darling hubster building a snowman with the Roxie bunch. I have some wonderful memories of doing this very thing with my own father, so the view just made me all sorts of warm and teary.
I took about a hundred pictures with my heart...(Roscoe's beaming smile as he threw snowballs at daddy, Lexi skipping through the snow and giggling, both of them helping to push the giant snowballs...and my favorite of Roscoe looking up at his daddy with a sort of awe and wonder. I just knew I was capturing a little boy looking up at his hero. Made me so happy to know that the man truly is a hero and I would be one happy gal to have my son to grow to be just like his daddy.)...Beautiful scene, I hope I remember forever.
Lex came tromping inside to inform me they needed a carrot. We collected one plus some craisins and I grabbed the camera to snap a couple "real" pics.
Finished him off with Lexi's old hat and one of my scarfs.
We decided our 6 foot friend needed a name, and made a family decision that he looked like a "Pete"
Perfect.
We ended the magic with some homemade cocoa and turned on Frosty the Snowman.
The kiddos kept running to the window to make sure Pete was doing okay every 5 minutes.
Ha. I think they were a little nervous after seeing Frosty.
No worries.
I'm thinking he's here to stay for a while.
Happiest Sunday!


2 comments:
So it's about Christmas time and so . . . . I was wondering if I could get the camera info again from you? (fingers crossed and hoping this will be my lucky year)I also wondered what program you made the blog book with?
One of my favorite so far. What memories you are making as a family. It really tickles me.
Post a Comment