Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hadlee

My cousin Stacy gave birth to her first and only baby girl Monday morning,
Hadlee LeAnne Rackham.
10:30 this morning Hadlee returned back to her Heavenly Home due to complications.
My heart aches for this family. I really cannot even begin to imagine that kind of pain.
This life really is so short.
I am so grateful for every single day and moment that I get to be with my precious kiddos.
I am so honored to have the responsibility of motherhood. It is such a remarkable thing to bring these babes into our homes, and so so humbling to realize that sometimes it's not for as long as we want. I am in awe with mothers who have to bear the seemingly impossible trial of saying goodbye...It just makes my heart burst to even think about it. I have watched a friend lose her babies, a ward member, and now my cousin...Some of the most amazing women I know. I never know what to do or say...(Is there anything you really can??) I just know that I am so completely grateful that families really are forever. My friend Lacey, who buried her twin baby girls (kisses to Ava & Ella) informed me during a phone conversation about a month ago that when you lose a baby or child...that you get to raise them in the next life at that exact age. Not sure why, I've never thought of this before, but it just hit me so hard. Brings tears to my eyes to think about Lacey and Stacey reuniting with their sweet baby girls one day. I love knowing that they will get to experience first words, steps, and lots of cuddles...

Wish I were there Stace to wrap my arms around you.
What a wonderful mother you are to have had such a sweet angel even for such a short amount of time.
Shedding tears for you and giving constant prayers that you will feel some Heavenly arms wrapped tightly around your little family.
Love you so much.  

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Wow. I couldn't imagine experiencing something like that. So sorry to hear of their loss, and yours too.

Madsen Updates said...

I don't even know her, but it makes me tear up reading this. I can't imagine the pain they must be in. I'm so sorry to hear that!

It would be unbearable pain if we didn't have our knowledge that we will get to be with them again.

I will keep them in our prayers.

Tricia Lovato said...

I will also keep them in my prayers. I have had friends that have lost babies and I just don't know how you endure that pain. One of my best friends is pregnant right now with twins and one of the twins has died....what do you say to that? It is so hard. Thank goodness we do have the knowledge of Forever Families. Can you imagine the unbearable pain you would feel without that knowledge? My heart goes out to your cousin and her sweet family. I will keep them in my prayers. Love you!