Our little home was buzzing with excitement all day on Saturday waiting for our big night of Trick or Treating. The kids just could not wait for the big night! To try to entertain our little buggers, Shawn and I took turns coming up with some fun little Halloween activities...
dancing to spooky music, Halloween charades, lots of coloring, and teaching the kiddos the infamous and indecent Holiday song...
"Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat..."
I know. We're great parents. :)
We also took this time to educate the kids on the rules of proper trick or treating.
1. say "Trick or Treat"
2. Say "Thank you"
3. (the most important) If you are offered a bowl of goodies to choose from ALWAYS go for the chocolate!
To make sure they got that 3rd rule, we turned to the internet and quizzed them with pictures of different chocolate candies, with a special emphasis on Snickers of course.
We also showed pictures of Dum Dums and Pixie Sticks, so they had a nice comparison of what would be good things to choose chocolate over.
Of course, if a house was only offering pixie sticks and Dum Dums...take them with a smile and a thank you.
ha. Again, I know you are so impressed with our parenting.
Finally 3:00 arrived and we decided to take the kids to the local stores on Soda Row to help the day go a little faster. We got all the costumes on (luckily daddy was around to draw the Rockstar's beard on this time...no more Pedro for us:)) and headed out.
A cowboy, A cowgirl, and their little cow.
We were so glad to have Grammy join us for the night!!
{Soda Row}
We trick or treated at all the stores and restaurants, collecting a good amount of goodies and a couple of churros. yum. At the end, the kids got to go through a haunted house. They loved it!
Around 5, we headed home for our traditional crockpot chili, hot cornbread, and wassail.
Seriously delicious! I'm not sure why it all turned out so good this time. I didn't follow a recipe for the chili and kind of thru everything together in a hurry....now I am wishing I knew exact measurements because it was definitely our best yet!
At around 6, my good friend Dialma and her twin girls, Juliet and Danielle, came to join us for trick or treating. I think these might just be the cutest costumes ever...
Zero and Skeleton Jack
Haha! So into character! I love it!
It might be impossible to fully describe this boy's joy at the idea of collecting this much candy.
This boy is obsessed with sticky stuff. Ha. poor thing doesn't get it too often.
yee-ha!
Dialma and her girls.
chocolate! Yay! So good he listens to what we say...
at least when it's important.
Lex with one of her besties Gennovah.
It was seriously freezing!
Roscoe got a good haul, and then decided he wanted Daddy to take him back.
Lex and I stayed out with the twins.
I seriously LOVE our neighborhood. It seems like everyone always goes all out for this holiday.
We had live Zombies and witches, Haunted houses, lots of Spooky music, and my personal favorite, a fire for smore making. We were especially grateful at this point, because I think we had all lost feeling in our fingers.
We decided to head home. Lex and I thought it would be hilarious to trick or treat at our own home. We did, and to our surprise, the Rockstar answered the door in his undies.
Okay. Actually, this does not surprise me. at all.
The kids had a blast the rest of the evening answering the door for trick or treaters.
They actually might be bigger fans of giving out the candy than actually getting it.
We were glad to open the door to some of our friends (the Weiss Family) who looked how we had felt an hour before...so cold, and invited them in for hot wassail and brownies with our family and Dialma's. We were glad to have everyone stay for a while eating, chatting, and watching the kids run around wild.
Such a fun Halloween!
Trick or Treat!


2 comments:
It was so much fun to be with you and see the kids in their get-ups.
How fun! Todd and I can't wait til little Eliza is old enough to get into Halloween.
The kiddos look absolutely adorable!
Post a Comment