Sunday, December 19, 2010

Celebrating Gretta Rose

{dec. 3}
Shawn and I decided we wanted to celebrate our little one year old with a night on the town just the 5 of us, 
but the last minute, we decided to send out some e-vites to our closest.
(thanks to those who made it on the short notice)
The kiddos were so excited to entertain and got to work with the preparations...making signs, decorating the cake, and helping with the traditional 1st year spaghetti dinner.
Couldn't have done it without them. :)
{decor + cake}



{birthday girl}

ha! sure hope she grows into them pearly whites!
{friends + food}
grace. lexi.
kara. baby sara.
brynnlee.
taryn.
spaghetti. salad. french bread.

I love that I have pics of all 3 kids playing in their ghetti.
{cake + candles}
"happy birthday to you!"




{Light the Night}
We headed out to our local city festivities "Light the Night" for ice skating, carriage rides, and Santa. We had no idea that there would also be much more...like tours of the fire trucks.
One little boy was in Heaven.

maddie.
It really was perfect out. Not too cold at all, but we were still grateful for all the fires around.


{sledding}
well kind of. minus the sleds.
We could not pry the kids away from this little mountain of snow/ice. They were loving it.
Looked cold to me.

{skating}

she really is normally a natural.
off night i guess. :)
Shawn participated in the "slide on your belly on the ice contest"
He totally won, but a guy cheated and "beat him" I'm almost over it. What some people will do for a $10 gift card. Geesh. :)


{cocoa + cookies}


{carriage + carols}
We had so much fun riding around and singing christmas songs. So thankful Kara was there to keep us all on tune. Put me right into the Holiday spirit.

{Love}

We had such a great time celebrating our baby (big) girl!
I am hoping the town festivities are around the same time every year, cause I'm smelling the making of a new tradition. It was just too good to not keep it up!
Happy Birthday Miss Gretta Rose!!
you're the best.

p.s. everything was free. which makes it all better x 3!!

4 comments:

Jodi Rae said...

Happy B-Day to a sweet little girl! I love the Spaghetti tradition too :). I can't believe it has already been a year. That means mine isn't too far behind :(. I guess we just have to cherish every day! They go way too fast.

The Dabo's said...

I'm curious about the energy thing? Is there a website I can go to? I have two amazing eaters and one totally opposite. He truly only likes to eat unhealthy things if anything at all. Shoot me over some info if you can. Thanks!

Tricia Lovato said...

I love all the Spaghetti faces....super cute! Gretta is such a sweet little girl. Glad she had a fun Birthday. We didn't make it up to the Lighting but glad to know it was so much fun....it doesn't get much better than free :)

erica said...

sad we missed out on the party.
looked like a blast.