Sunday, December 19, 2010

growing

{12.03.2010}

The morning of Gretta's party we spent with more yummy pumpkin pancakes
and then off to see Dr. Duffy for a check up and more shots. Boo.
I always get so stressed on these days, but in the end...it does feel right.
We limited it again to just the HIB and the DTaP.
She did perfectly.
I also scheduled Roscoe to get Pediarix. He hasn't been to a Dr. since he was 4 months old, so I was especially nervous, but I felt like it was finally time to catch him up.
They both did amazing and were just fine...so brave! I was especially proud of the Rockstar. He asked me about the shots all morning long. I thought he would for sure freak out, but he was as calm as can be. Doesn't hurt that Dr. Duffy is the best too and has the greatest way with the kiddos!
I have been so worried about Gretta and her eating habits (meaning non existent), but the week before this I took her to get some energy work done on her belly and throat (loves nicole!) and she seriously started eating after that. I know. I wasn't really a believer either, but thought it couldn't hurt since I was stumped. I won't go into details since it really is a stretch of the mind, but hours later gretta started swallowing whole food. Yay! Coincidence or not, I am so relieved! 
Dr Duffy said he wasn't worried as long as she was eating now (yes, i may have kept my energy theory to myself...seeming how i don't do all the immunizations...i'm not the most beloved patient as it is. i don't need them knowing i'm actualy "weirder"than they thought. :))
Gretta is still teeny tiny, but I can tell she is quickly growing.

::Gretta's 12 month stats::
Weight :: 17.09 lbs :: 3rd percentile
Height :: 29.33 in. :: 59th percentile

::Roscoe's 3.5 year stats::
Weight :: 35.5 lbs
Height :: 40.6 in.
27th percentile


3 healthy kiddos in my life!
Feeling very grateful for that.

p.s. I'm afraid gretta got my bed head. No matter how "dainty" we try to sleep...we awaken with our hair all over the place. sorry sweets.
p.s.s. I also weighed 17 lbs at a year. Wondering how in the world Roscoe weighed 19 at 3 months!? I am enjoying the difference since both babes have wanted/want to be carried all day long.

No comments: