Thursday, December 23, 2010

Under the Weather


We have been hit with the flu this past week. Boo.
The Rockstar had it last week for 4 days...throwing up and sleeping the day away. He was recovered by Saturday, and I thought we were good to go by Monday with no one else coming down with it, so I layed off the immune boosters and sanitizing everything. No bueno.
Poor little Gretta threw her guts out Tuesday night and has hardly kept a thing down since.
I was pretty worried last night, and we debated taking her to the ER she was so lethargic (such a teeny thing), but she kept down some apple juice, so we decided to wait it out and keep an eye on her. This morning I called my neighbor Amy (Loves!) to get some advice. Her answer?
Young Thai Coconut water. 
Duh! I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it. It is basically nature's blood transfusion (think pedialyte x 1,000) in restoring electrolytes and rehydrating. I sent Shawn out to the Asian Market this morning to grab a few. Wa-Lah! Our baby girl is smiling again and acting a whole lot better! I love when I get to see something work that quickly. She gobbled it right down and seems to be over the throw ups. Crossing our fingers. Please be over. Please.
Being sick, has put quite a downer on our plans for all Christmas festivities we had planned, but some of us have still managed to find some fun activities...
like breaking into mama's accessory drawer.
I just love how adaptable my kiddos have been! Not one complaint about missing out on everything. So easy to Please.




Glad we're on the mend.
Praying no one else catches it for Christmas.
Shawn has some secret plans for our Anniversary (27th), so we're not opposed to any more blessings sent our way. Seriously just throw our names in a prayer or two. :)
 Crossing our fingers everyone will be healthy and we can enjoy a deserved night out. Wondering what he has up his sleeve...??? Hawaii...Mexico....Vegas....The Village Inn?? Heck, I'll take anything right about now :)

May Your Holidays be Healthy!!

p.s. I know some of you have asked about the immune boosters I give my kiddos. They work btw (I was being lazy about it before my kids caught this one) It's called Xpac. I make my own taught to me by Amy mentioned above. She does free classes all the time on herbs, you can also buy some from her already made. She's the most sharing, caring, knowledgeable woman I know. (I really want to be her when I grow up) She's also a doula and helped bring Gretta, into the world, so I got extra love for her. Here's her website for more information.
p.s.s Happy Birthday to my Madre! Wish I were there! Love you!

1 comment:

Tricia Lovato said...

Hope everyone is feeling better and that you had a Wonderful Christmas. I am hoping Shawn's secret Anniversary plans went on without a hitch too. You two deserve nothing but the best! Love ya!