The BIG 50 +1

Dad I love you.
So many wonderful memories with you:
- Daddy daughter dates at Remo's sipping down some shirley temples and talking.
- boating and watching my "cool dad" water ski.
- sitting in the mall waiting for mom to get off work and making fun of people that walked by. {one of your finer father moments} :)
- your testimony two years ago on Christmas Eve. I will never forget it.
- Letting me watch Psycho and Poltar Geists when mom went out of town.
- buying me a horse. not many kids can say that. {ciara got the pony}
- You starting "The Rock" {best dance club pocatello has ever seen}.
- always asking my friends if they thought you were H.O.T. haha.
- your perfect example of hard work and integrity. soooo grateful for that.
- you signing I.Love.You. every night when you tucked me into bed when I was young.
- moving our family from Portland Oregon (your home) to a farm/ranch out in the middle of no where in Idaho. I LOVED growing up with geese, pigs, chickens, horses, dogs, barns, mud, skunks, gun shots from the res, 4 wheelers, and lots of land to roam around.
- your sense of humor.
- always making every holiday HUGE.
- Letting me go to Europe when I was 15. you somehow knew it was important for me.
- yelling at boys to get the heck out of my room. (pretty sure every guy was terrified of my dad. I can finally say that I am grateful for that)
- vacations galore. So many great memories of traveling {except for the infamous grand canyon exploration. Could have done without that one.}
- the cabin. Thank you. miss that place.
- You can fix anything! I am amazed at how fast you can accomplish any task. I guess that is why we always had time to play.
- buffets.
- priesthood blessings anytime. I have always been so grateful for your blessings especially the one you gave me when I was pregnant with Lexi and we thought things weren't right. That blessing calmed me for the rest of my pregnancy.
- you always being willing to serve. (even if it meant moving an entire family into our home with us). I have learned so much from you and often think of you when I see someone in need of help.
- the common courtesy that you show others. {with the exception of driving of course} ;)
- Always protecting us. In my eyes you have always been and are the strongest man alive. (well since Grandpa isn't around anymore). I have NEVER been scared with you around.
- teaching me the gospel.
- making every yard we have ever had BEAUTIFUL.
- many Barbecues.
- 4th of July parties.
- telling jokes around the dinner table.
- snow skiing at Pebble and the big family trip to Big Sky.
- telling me to take a bubble bath when I called crying for mom in college. :)
- giving me my love for movies.
- always making sure every event was/is packed full of activities and adventure.
- allowing Ciara and I to live in Hawaii {and not go to school} right before I got married amazing experience that prepared me for a huge change in my life. thank you for that.
- For always setting traditions. I love all the new ones you have set: paintballing in the mud, pellet guns, laser tag, campfires on the deck, racquetball for the boys, shopping for the girls, ginormous waterslides, Bear Lake, sledding and hot chocolate at the church, picking berries from the garden, razor rides, hot pools, sitting out by your hand made amazing waterfall, best steaks alive....just to name a few.
Thank you for giving me such a wonderful life dad full of opportunities. As good of a dad you were, you make an even better papa. I am pretty sure you are Lexi's most favorite person in this world. She lights up and giggles if your name is even mentioned. She loves playing with you and eating smore's at your house. I am so thankful that my kids have you. It's funny, because I think you might also be Shawn's favorite person too. His eyes also light up everytime I mention your name. {must be all that racquetball you two play.} :)
Sure Glad You're My Dad!
Love you.


8 comments:
That's cute! I'd like to hear the Grand Canyon story.. and maybe your dad can bring your family BACK to Portland someday ;>
The Rock!! holy cow, yeah your dad is cool. oh and remos....thats cute...remember when we took the cadilac to applebees in prom dresses? losers!
Yeah, Uncle Chaud is a pretty cool dude.
Yeah, Uncle Chaud is a pretty cool dude.
Wow Krick, you really one up me! All I did was call (at 5 o'clock)to wish him a happy birthday. Thanks for raising the bar. Nah, I agree full heartedly with everything you said, so go ahead and put my name on it.
I was reading this and thought, yeah! He really is the best (uncle:)) in the universe. We love you, too - Happy birthday, Uncle Chaud!
Hi Pattens, your kids are so cute. It's fun finding friends. Hope you guys are doing well. I was wondering if you might be able to do me a favor?!? I found a lot of people I know on your blog but they are private i was wondering if you would be able to give me their email addresses or if you can give them mine so I can view their blog. No big deal if you can't just thought it would be fun. My email is erincpapa@gmail.com
the people are: markandbrynne, rjandrachel,colvins,and garrettandjillian. Thanks!
hahahaha THE ROCK! I forgot your dad was behind that. Oh dear. Some of those nights at the rock...
Tell your dad that he is H.O.T! ;)
Post a Comment