Just laid this boy down for his nap. He was so cute while I was rocking him. He kept sticking his finger in my mouth and letting out his "frustrated squeal," because I (naturally) kept chomping on his little finger. I couldn't figure out what he wanted, so I kept trying to lay him down only for him to frantically grab at my mouth. After a few failed attempts of kisses, chomps, stuffed animals, and special blankies It dawned on me... He wants me to sing. So I sang and he settled right down into my chest. As soon as I would finish one song, he would sleepily raise his finger to touch my lips for me to start another one. This went on for several blissful minutes until he finally drifted off to his dreams. It was one of those everyday moments that tug at your heart so much you just want to (and do) burst into tears of gratitude. I am so thankful to be a mother, not just in general, but specifically for my two children. I know that I needed each of their little souls to come into my life. I learn every single day from their amazing attributes, talents, and little spirits.
Since my blog can sometimes become a "Lexi book" (3 is such a fun girly age), I just want to write a few things about my little boy:
- about 19 1/2 months old
- starting to talk and jabber some words: ball(favorite), bobble (sippy cup), mama (FINALLY), dada, rella (anything princess-means cinderella), jesus (hoping he got that from all the FHE), buh bye, mine (either his blankie or his binky) see ya, Nuyoh (No), book, exi (his sister), and I swear he said love you the other night. He will pretty much try to repeat anything you say. I love it. It is so fun to see his little mind at work.
- his many names: the rockstar, rocco, rocc-obama, the rockman, r.j., and the r train. Those are just the ones that are somewhat name related. All the rest are names like munchkin, smooshface, monkey boy, pickle, baby boy, pumpkin, etc. (poor kid).
- completely spoiled and gets rocked every night.
- LOVES to cuddle (thankful)
- loves books and weekly trips to the library (truly the happiest place on earth)
- dumps all DVD's onto floor a minimum of 3 times a day.
- can climb on top of kitchen counter in 5 minutes flat. I first discovered this one day when I was trying to get ready for the day. Roscoe was wanting to be held and not letting me do anything, so I closed my bedroom door to put on some makeup. It was completely silent (bad sign), so I walked out and found him standing on top of the kitchen counter, holding a pair of scissors, and the gallon of milk from breakfast was spilt all over the counter and floor making it nice and slippery. (definitely one of my finer mommy moments) :)
- He is ALL BOY! Well, almost all boy. There is that part of him that LOVES to put on my highheels, Lexi's scarf, and push around a baby stroller. I promise I will sneak a picture soon. (daddy is a little something-a-phobic, so I will have to sneak it.)
- Mark my words that he will grow up to be a sports star. He loves all sports, and we swear he has the best little arm. Balls are his favorite toy and have been the second he could grasp his little fingers on one. We even had to stop sitting in the gym area during sacrament meeting, because he will point to the basketball hoops and scream at the top of his lungs over and over again "BAAALLLL!"
- He makes us all crack up laughing. He just has a little sense of humor about him, and he is the easiest little thing to make laugh. It is so contagious.
- has a little raspy voice. I love it!
- He follows me around ALL DAY long wanting to be held and cuddled and FED. I am his favorite person in the world....Until....Daddy comes home, and then he wants NOTHING to do with me. The second he hears that garage door open he is running to his dad and wants him all to himself.
{taken by ash at DL when I was trying to give daddy a hug and little man was not liking it}
- sleeps with his binky, minky blankies, and you guessed it, a ball every single night.
- pretty sure he is a yellow (color code book) with all his fun and cuddles. He will probably be just like his daddy. :)
- holds lexi's hand in the car
- loves playing the "head bonking game" at the grocery store
- LOVES and I mean Loves to eat! I cannot keep this kid fed. We are terrified for when he is a teen.
- pushes. He is the little nursery bully. Lexi is so good to him that we never realized it until we got called to nursery and he was our hardest kid. We started disciplining him and making him "be soft" by taking his fingers and being gentle to whomever he just pumbled. Now he just pushes and then immediately after puts his hand on their chest and says "sof." Augh! It is so tough at this age!
- can somersault
- loves to be outside
- fearlessly jumps off anything
- crawls in cupboards and hides (favorite game)
- loves playing tag with the family running around the house (he thinks he is so big)
- runs to the window anytime he hears a plane and points
- Loves spaghetti and is the Messiest eater. Actually, just messy all around, and smelly, and dirty. I guess that is where he is ALL BOY!
- thinks it is hilarious to take off his diaper and throw it over the crib
- gives the sweetest open mouth kisses that can always melt my heart no matter what. They are the best!


10 comments:
cute post kristin. love that little boy.
ps. wyndham called yesterday! haha
What a sweet little boy. He is the cutest and you are such a good mom. I love that he holds lexi's hand in the car.
That is the cutest thing i have ever heard. I hope reece likes my horabel singing.
such a sweet post. being a mom is the BEST.
he is the cutest boy. You are a cute mom
k, funniest thing... i was showing taryn roscoe's picture and she kept saying it was a picture of her... i think there must be some similarities.
I think he and Jordan would be best buds! :) Boys are too fun, huh?
You are so good at describing him I feel like I know him better now. What a cute post!
Such a sweet boy! I love his hair so much! He is ridiculously adorable!
Dude, this kid is the funniest kid ever and he is so dang cute. I love you little Rock Star.
Post a Comment