Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sharp Shooters

I know I said on a previous post that Lex and Roscoe wanted to be Toy Story's "Woody & Jessie" for Halloween this year, 
but that all changed a few weeks ago...
We got a non-fiction library book titled "Annie Oakley-Sharp Shooter"
The kids loved reading about her life in this short story:
Growing up without a daddy, her family was really poor. Annie learned to be an excellent shot with a gun and provided for her mother by hunting and selling the food. She ran into some cowboys one day having a shooting contest. One of them was supposedly a really good shot. His name was Frank. He challenged Annie. She won.
They fell in love and traveled all over performing shooting shows.
The kids were completely enamored with the story (well, Lexi really...Roscoe, I think just likes guns:)). 
They played all day long,
and changed their minds about the whole toy story thing, 
declaring they wanted to be
"Annie Oakley!"
&
"a cowboy!" 
(frank)
(I was okay with the whole deal...as long as they're western...we're good).

So without further ado...
Allow me to introduce...
The Sharp Shooters!





Not to worry.
Them guns aren't loaded. :)
LOve them!!

7 comments:

Madsen Updates said...

love it!!

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

Oh my gosh they look adorable. How the heck do you get them to agree to wear matching outfits. Did you make them? Happy Halloween..

Terry said...

They looked darling in their outfits. I had so much fun seeing all of you.

~Cmac~ said...

Roscoe's stringy little mustache is cracking me up...And those expressions! He is such a little character. I wish we could have gone trick or treating together!

erica said...

cute kids.
haha, roscoes mexican mustache is awesome!
although i have to say he was my favorite in gus gus :)

erica said...

wish your little cow was in these pics!

Janette said...

SO CUTE! love that you have them wear matching outfits. Maybe I will have to try that one year.