Okay.
Disregard the post below.
Today's been a hard day.
A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
Okay. maybe not quite that bad, but I'm definitely putting it on the top 15 list.
It started with gretta throwing up last night.
then Lexi at 5:30 this morning
(poor thing can't stop...total of 18 times!)
and then Roscoe at about 4 pm....
we were sitting on the couch cuddling.
I thought he was fine.
...He sat up...
...gulped...
and threw up on my lap.
buckets.
and buckets.
I didn't know what to do...
so I took it like a mom,
and sat there holding my legs as tight as I could trying to protect the couch.
When he had finished,
I thought...
What the @$#! do I do now??
Stand up and I get it everywhere.
I really was stumped for a minute.
Roscoe looked at me and said
"sorry for throwing out on your pants mama."
aw.
so cute.
But back to the story...
me sitting there wondering what I am suppose to do...
I asked lex to try to make it to the kitchen towel drawer.
she did.
(thank goodness for 5 year olds!)
I did the best I could.
(i'll spare the details)
gagged a lot.
threw away my pants
and the towel.
sick.
One of those moments,
I wished Shawn were around to witness it all,
and see how super duper calm I was (ha!)
Why do the husbands always miss out on these days??
A few minutes later,
after a shower,
Christina called (loves).
Just the person I needed for some sympathy...
I got started..
then lex and roscoe started throwing up
at. the. same. time!
for real.
hung up.
and tried to guide two kids to the toilet...
didn't happen.
I literally have the stuff everywhere.
freak.
And now I am feeling a little squeamish.
Could definitely be in my head...
hope so.
I don't think the pizza I just scarfed is helping though.
Should have joined the kids and had an otter pop for dinner.
It is a nice reminder that I am definitely not ready for baby #4 anytime soon.
definitely.
On a better note,
Shawn is done with midterms today!!
Halellujah! Amen!
I don't think I can take one more all nighter.
So looking forward to being with him.
So what's with the title??
I was trying to think of a description of what myself, my kids, and my home looks like at this moment...
And the words from a very intelligent (not really) woman who was on wife swap a few weeks ago. (am I the only faithful fan?)
She called everything and everyone...
A Big Hot Mess!
Thought it was odd when I watched,
but I totally get what she meant now...
Me.
p.s. make that 19 for miss lou. starting to get a little worried about her...


7 comments:
Wow!! What a day! That sounds awful! Hopefully everyone's sickness is short lived, and you don't get it. It's so hard to be sick when you're the mom!
yikes!
but thank you for the visual. Hope the kiddos heal and hope your house doesn't smell like vomit. :)
xoxo
ps- you are a champ! way to take the puke in the lap :)
Wowzer! I have never had it that bad, I don't know who to feel sorry for...you or your poor kiddos! What a horrible day, sorry. Wish I were there to help you!
Oh man, So sorry! I would have given you sympathy. Throwing up sucks! The worst is that Sam can't stomache it AT ALL! So I am left with all the mess. When I was throwing up on Saturday out of the car door I heard him start to dry heave. It made me so mad. I was like "I am the one sick. Seriously hold it together." I under stand the meaning of bucket fulls now. Seriously poor Costco parking lot. It wasn't a pretty sight. Lets hope you don't get it too. That would call for a really big HOTT MESS! Okay I will end this novel. Give me a call.
Ok why don't you just tell me to shut up sometimes so you can tell me what is going on with you! Im so sorry you had a tough day. and I got off the phone twice, gosh I suck. Hope the kiddos get over it soon!!!!!
Remember those days. One of them was when we were on our way to Zion (in the car)Jen. Another in the van (Shawn). Many at home in the middle of the night when they want you to just be there by their side hanging their little heads over the toilet. It would break my heart. So sorry for all of you. Hope it passes soon. Give them a hug and tell them that I love them.
You are a trooper. Period.
Post a Comment