Last night we had our traditional fall dinner.
Beef Stroganoff cooked in a pumpkin.
(promise it's yum...though it doesn't look it)
We love this tradition!
The kids start asking for it the second they see the neighborhood start pulling out Halloween decor.
We always try to share it with a new family each year, and the kids jumped for joy when we suggested having the Uluave family over this time around.
We're big fans of these neighbors and we were glad to hear they could join us.
As soon as church got out, we got to work.
I seem to always forget the time this dinner takes...seriously nearly half the day.
Glad Shawn was around to gut the thing.
And really, doesn't this pumpkin look perfect!? I think it was our best yet. perfect shape.
Leaving our mark.
This could be dangerous...
So proud.
Ready for the next step...
filling her up.
The waiting game...all 90 minutes of it.
cooked to perfection.
the pumpkin peeled right off.
Uluave's arrived.
Kindra. Kalisi. Cole. Chloe. Cade.
Enjoying the food.
rice. stroganoff. pumpkin. peas. corn. fresh bread. hot apple cider.
Though Cole and Kalisi ate about half the pumpkin,
I think the bread was the biggest hit.
I'm good with that. :)
Little puppy gretta roaming around searching for crumbs.
Cade. Roscoe.
Can you see how excited my little man was to play with Cade!?
Haha. I love it.
And Lexi sure loves Miss Chloe.
Darling girls.
If I look a little tired....it's cause I am.
The night flew by.
I am pretty sure we could have hung out a few more hours talking and letting the kids play.
So glad we got to know this darling couple a little better.
And did I mention Kindra is the best preschool teacher around!?...we're so lucky!
Thanks for coming Uluave's!
*Also, used the leftover pumpkin and made some creamy soup and breadsticks tonight.
Sooo good!
Adding it to the tradition.
Can't wait for next year!


6 comments:
i love how you can see the excitement on lexi and roscoes face. such a fun tradition.
can we pretend that we haven't been invited and come next year? ha.
It looks so fun and so good. That is a great tradition. I love keeping up with what your doing. The bread looks fantastic. I made homemade rolls on Sunday. Fogot how much they raise. Each roll was about the size of a loaf. Oh well they were good.
You know I was actually thinking a couple days ago about your dinner in a pumpkin tradition and when you were going to post about it. Glad you are having a good fall.
What a fabulous idea....I love it! Would you be willing to share your recipe? If so, email it to me please. The kids would love to do this. Mmmmm
that pic of gretta crawling around is the sweetest!
I wanted to do dinner in a pumpkin this year but bryan said NO WAY. guess it grosses him out thinking about it. idk, crazy man!
i want to be like you when i grow up.
love your stinking guts!
Love it Kristin. You guys are adorable. I would love the recipe as well. how fun! :)
Post a Comment