Monday, October 4, 2010

Myself

(photo taken at the happiest place. got back a week ago. 100 pics coming soon.)

For the past few weeks we have had fun asking Roscoe what he is going to be for Halloween.?
Usually, I love my kids to match, but I know these years may come to an end...
{peter pan & tink}
{flounder & ariel}
This year Lex is planning on being a cowgirl "Jesse", so I thought Roscoe could be a cowboy "Woody" 
and baby gretta a cow (already have the costume)
But the rockstar keeps changing his mind on me.
" a dinosaur"
"a witch"
"a black widow spider"
"rapunzel" 
haha! love it.
(am i missing any ash?)
This morning though, about 10 minutes ago, we were cuddling on the couch and I asked again.

"What do you want to be for Halloween this year?"
"Mommy. I just want to be....me."

touched my heart.
Out of all my kids, Roscoe and I probably go head to head the most.
He can be a stubborn little thing.
I love and adore everything about him though.
I am so proud of him and that he knows and loves exactly who he is.
Every night I have started tucking my 2 oldies in bed, talking with them about their day, how much I love them,  and at the end having them say "I'm somebody special!"
Roscoe believes it with his whole heart and soul, and I hope he always remembers that.
Baby you truly are.
You're going to do amazing things, and I can't wait to witness it all.
"Love you more than thunder mountain, space mountain, and all of Disneyland!"

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

Just buy him the woody costume and make him wear it. He will probably be thrilled and if not, as soon as he sees some candy in his bucket he isn't even gonna care what he is. Toy story theme is a great idea. My little Tayson is gonna be woody and Brynlee is gonna be Jesse and Kamryn has decided that she wants to be Barbie from Toy Story 3....PERFECT! Theme ideas are great and this just may be your last so just do it! Such a cute idea.

Terry said...

Well, you know how I feel about that little boy. He's my little buddy and I love hime so much (along with all the others)