Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Disney :: Part 3

{9.24}
Day 2 we started off bright and early and headed for Fantasy Land.
We were the luckiest group in the park to have Princess Aurora and Peter Pan escort us for the day!
(love roscoe with his napoleon dynamite face. gosh!)
Of course we decided to hit Peter Pan first.
We were so happy to have Grammy and Papa Duane join us for the day!!
Never serious...that boy.

One pic with the original 4.
Baby Gretta enjoyed with Papa and Terri.

Headed to the Merry-go-Round and met up with another Aurora.
Wowza! Such a lovely lady!
The boys chillin.
Shawn. Chris. Trent.
Of course Lex loved it...
But I was not prepared for the Rockstar's Joy...
Heaven!
We hopped off, checked the time and realized we only had a few minutes to book it to Ariel's Goratto for breakfast with the Princesses. Oy!! Me, Jen, Lex, and Taryn booked it with Baby Kole in tow.
Made it just in time to catch Ariel and grab a signature.
Our table had one awesome view...
and it may have been all the pringles and red vines I had eaten the past 24 hours,
but I swear food's never tasted so good.
Mmmhhh...Delish!
Almost worth the $25 a plate. almost.
my princess.
Then all the princesses walked in....wishing I had captured the girls faces on camera.
Pure Excitement.
Started the entertainment with a dance lesson. 

And then the book signing.
Aurora.

Snow White.
Cinderella. formerly known as "rella."

Belle.
We finished the second course of food,
{blueberry waffles with whipped cream, eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns}
and then rolled ourselves out.
It was such a good time, and I am so glad I got to experience it with Lexi...
found myself wishing I had brought my little man along as well, 
but I'm thinking next year we'll hit up goofy's kitchen and treat him with experience.
We found everyone else outside of Screamer and bumped right into Chip n Dale.
What luck!





Happiest Place = Happiest Boy = Happiest mama :)
We headed over to ride some more rides, saw Mickey on stage, and sat down to enjoy.
During the show we spotted our good friends, the Gouldings sitting a few rows up!
Grabbed a pic with the Mouse and then headed over for hugs and chatting.
We were dying that we ran into them. Seems like every year we see someone (last year it was our next door neighbors). Love this family so much! We'll have to try to coordinate and get there together sometime...maybe in December for our shared anniversary.??
Me & Carrie
Roscoe and Gretta were exhausted by this point (gretta wouln't nap in stroller), so Shawn took them back to the hotel for a few hours to nap.
This left me and my girl to run all around Disneyland and ride together.
We had quite the time!! So special.
Some of the rides we enjoyed:
Splash. (our fav)
Winnie the Pooh.
caught up with Woody.
Teacups.


Madderhorn.

rode a few more with Grammy and Papa Duane before meeting up with Daddy at Pirates.
We rode quite a few rides as a family until it got dark and was time to head for California Adventures. It was about time for World of Color and the kids wanted to hit up Bugs world before.
I had to snap a pic of the kids with their maps on the way. I think I ended up with 20 copies of these in my purse. Every time we passed a pile Lex would grab two copies for her and one for her brother. They would pour over them memorizing where all the rides were. Ha. They really are the easiest little buggers to please and entertain.
me and my babies.
love her. Such a good babe.
Daddy and his boy.

Rode a few more rides and then headed to the World of Color lines.
Just before the big show began.
Rockstar entertaining the group.
We were so excited to see the sky start to light up and jumped to our feet.
I'm not sure what I expected, but it was amazing!!
My camera definitely couldn't do it justice.
Seriously, you gotta go see it. So awesome.
Such a great way to end our fun day.
We headed back to the hotel around 11:30 beat to the ground.
I don't think my kiddos have ever crashed that fast...we didn't even worry about brushing their teeth...which is especially nasty considering all the junk they ate all day. ha. I'm sure we'll see that bite us with a dental bill soon.
Shawn and I crashed pretty fast too. teeth brushed and all. :)

think I'm done. nope. we got one more day ahead of us still.
yippee!!!

4 comments:

Terry said...

I loved every minute of it and I'm so glad that you captured the memories. Always and enchanting place. Thanks for letting us tag along. We had a great time.

Burke family said...

Oh my gosh! So fun! That place is just magical! And I love seeing it in the kids' faces!

Anonymous said...

So...do you go to Disneyland every other month or what? I swear you just posted about a trip. It makes me wish we were there. So magical.

carrie said...

I love the picture of you and Lexi on the teacups, makes me wish I was on it, looks so fun. So I tried to get into that Doctor and he isn't taking new patients right now but I got ahold of someone else. I want to talk to you about it, kinda crazy stuff but hey sometimes miracles are crazy right?! They are free and they can usually help you over the phone, so awesome.